Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add keyboard shortcuts for Captions

Would love a keyboard shortcut to:

add caption

add caption at playhead

start caption at playhead

end caption at playhead.

Is this a possibility? It would save me so much time captioning work for clients.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Set To Current Time" quick action button in Captions

Add a button on each caption line's IN and OUT points that say "Set to current time" that way I can re-format my captions if the timing changes slightly. I currently need to click and drag each caption line's IN and OUT points separately around the dialogue, which is inaccurate and a massive waste of time. Kapwing figured this out already.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make captions not be buggy to the point of uselessness.

What everyone else said 1000 times. Why put a feature in the software that just makes everyone hate you because it's useless?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. keyboard shortcut cti

Keyboard shortcut to collect the current time of the CTI on the timeline. This would work while in the Captions workspace and would save several keystrokes and time while editing captions. Would team up with the Paste command to place caption start and stop times.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. キャプション

SRTをプレミアのキャプションに読み込み文字にエッジカラーを設定しているのですが、文字によってトゲの様なものが出てしまいます。(特に「何」「僕」「げ」「M」など)
    これによってテロップ入れの作業効率が非常に下がり大変困っています。

サポートコミュニティーにも投稿しましたが解決しませんでした。

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/%E3%83%86%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%81%AB%E3%83%88%E3%82%B2%E3%81%8C%E5%87%BA%E3%82%8B%E7%97%87%E7%8A%B6/m-p/11139613?page=1#M271705

早急にご対応いただきます様お願いいたします。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Selecting a certain text on a caption changes its color to default black.

Selecting a certain text on a caption changes its color to default black.

I work on captions as the screenshot wherein a part of the phrase has a different color. Now, when I close it and reopen the captions and then select the color picker, while changing nothing at all, it will revert back to black. You see I have some words that are colored yellow, once I go back to those text, and then get the color picker to copy the color (because I intend to copy the color to be used in other text) the color goes back…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Captions don't duplicate previous style

I'm creating open captions --but you don't have a category for that.
    Why can't you give us the same power and flexibility in creating these captions as you do for text in Essential graphics? I am creating subtitles and have moved from using Essential graphics to open captions so that I have the option to edit them all at once. However, as other have pointed out, we need to be able to create a style and apply it.

Also, When I create a new caption it should duplicate the style of the previous caption by default. Instead, I'm getting different…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. オープンキャプションの入力制限の機能を追加してほしい

オープンキャプションで、字幕を付けると長文では画面からはみ出してしまいます。
    画面上での配置は、左揃えにした場合、セーフエリアより左に配置できないのに対し、文字数が多い場合は右側はセーフエリア外にはみ出る事にも、違和感を感じます。
    長尺の動画の字幕を一つ一つ文字がはみ出ていないかをチェックするのは大変です。
    なので、任意の幅に達したら自動で改行される機能を追加してほしいです。
    その他にも、1行しか表示させたくない場合などに、行数を指定できる設定もあると便利です。その場合、はみ出た文字は自動でテキストブロックが半分に分割され、はみ出た文字は後方のブロックに入力されるなどで対処すれば良いと思います。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. open captions

Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

My idea is that Adobe fixes this.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Match Frame Captions to the Captions Panel

It would be great to add a function similar to match frame for clips, but for captions.

If I have a caption change that needs to be applied to an edit, I have to first match frame the caption clip from the Timeline, which'll then open in the Source Panel. From here I can see the clip's source timecode.

Next I have to scroll thru the Captions Panel referring to the In and Out points until I come across the caption referenced in the Source Panel. From here I can make my edit change.

My solution would eliminate this search…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Editing open captions position cause Premiere Pro to crash

This has happened to me MANY times now.
    Full HD project, 30 fps. I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909.
    I have one Open Captions track.
    When I edit the position of a single caption (using the keyboard to enter a new time) very often this causes Premiere Pro 14.0.4 to crash.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Navigating up a line in captions

When writing captions with multiple lines, if you press the up button (up arrow) it brings you to the previous caption. This is problematic if many of your captions have multiple lines, as is usually the case. So you have to use the mouse to click between lines of text within the same caption. The up arrow should just bring you to the previous line of text, not the previous caption.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add "Open bin in new tab" keyboard shortcut (alt+double mouse click).

Please add "Open bin in new tab" keyboard shortcut (alt+double mouse click).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Caption Aliasing

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This is about the horrible edges around caption text.

Just as the title suggests, the captions have jagged, aliased edges, as opposed to smooth crisp edges. I don't get the same results when using the standard type tool, or importing PNG files, etc. This is something specially reserved for captions.

Please note that these issues occur on both Mac and PC, but I'm currently on a Windows system, so I will post the specs for this machine:

Premiere Pro 13.1.2, build 9
    Windows 10 64-bit (1903)
    Intel i9-9900X
    64GB…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. captions! DOCUMENTATION!!! TUTORIAL!!!

There have been some significant changes - mentioned in a late release but not documented.
    It would be good if Adobe would create and release DOCUMENTATION and TUTORIALS for caption functions.
    We're better than we were a year ago but there is much to do. If someone at Adobe had to actually caption a sequence in order to write the documentation and create the tutorial, and then mention the GRIPES he or she will inevitably have in doing this job, we might be closer to having this be a world-class part of Premiere Pro.
    At the moment it is still…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug when you trim a caption from the beginning

When I want to shorten a subtitle from the beginning, it automatically expands to the previous subtitle.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Toggling option between point or lines in captions size.

Toggling option between point or lines in captions size. Should work for open captions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Decode (608/708-A/53/DTVCC Transport) Closed Captions

Most Professional Broadcasters in North America are using this CC format and have been embedding it in MXF files.

Premiere is the only program I have found that doesn't decode this type of CC

I have attached a picture from MediaInfo showing that the CC is present on the file.

I also attached another picture from VLC (freeware) that also shows the CC is present.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base