Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Reframe Affects Captions

Auto Reframe is great, but could you make it do to captions what it does to titles?

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report: caption fonts

Using open captions in windows 10

The words can't show normally when I use the Chinese fonts I installed.

Only work in the system fonts.

It won't happen in Mac but Windows

Is there any way I can fix it?

It's really a annoying problem that I cant work in office and home at the same time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please implement speech recognition/dictation and analyzation for Premiere for easier "Talking Head" editing

The level of technology we have in phones to dictate speech to text accurately should exist in some capacity for Premiere. It would be an absolute game changer for editing efficiency and separate premiere from other similar editing software. I've attached a mock-up that I also posted to the videography sub-reddit. It gained a lot of attention there and seems that the community shares the interest in this idea.

Most of them are round-tripping to third party software and services to dictate their audio. Wasting time and potentially over-complicating things.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. オープンキャプションの入力制限の機能を追加してほしい

オープンキャプションで、字幕を付けると長文では画面からはみ出してしまいます。
    画面上での配置は、左揃えにした場合、セーフエリアより左に配置できないのに対し、文字数が多い場合は右側はセーフエリア外にはみ出る事にも、違和感を感じます。
    長尺の動画の字幕を一つ一つ文字がはみ出ていないかをチェックするのは大変です。
    なので、任意の幅に達したら自動で改行される機能を追加してほしいです。
    その他にも、1行しか表示させたくない場合などに、行数を指定できる設定もあると便利です。その場合、はみ出た文字は自動でテキストブロックが半分に分割され、はみ出た文字は後方のブロックに入力されるなどで対処すれば良いと思います。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. オープンキャプションのインターフェースの不具合

オープンキャプション内のテキストブロックをタイムライン上で伸縮させることができるのがとても便利です。
    しかし、長時間作業し続けていると、なぜかアウトの秒数がインと同じ秒数に縮まってしまい、タイムコードの値を直接入力する方法しか出来なくなります。
    作業方法としては、音声を聞きながら字幕を分けたい瞬間に一時停止して、タイムライン上で再生ヘッドにキャプションブロックを伸縮させて合わせる方法がとても効率的なので、改善していただきたいです。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the Captions!

PLEASE! Fix the captions in Premiere Pro. This is a nightmare to work with. It doesn't update in real time, it makes the software and even sometimes the computer crash. I thought it was my computer at first, but it actually crashes in any circumstances on other machines. Please, do something! Make the captions feature work regardless of the computer specs!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Closed captions kerning

Make closed captions accessible.

The kerning on the closed captions are not accessible when the whole point of closed captions are to make the video accessible to all viewers. It's too difficult to read especially for people with Dyslexia. New UK accessibility laws are changing and we need the functionality to meet these new regulations. Please, please consider making the kerning better so it doesn't look like individual characters from an accessible point of view. If you aren't going to improve the CC then please consider adjusting your guides to be less misleading, they state you can change the fonts…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Subtitles that automatically extend to the length of the marker

When testing subtitles in Premiere CC Pro, I'm missing a feature. In a speech, the subtitle is usually continuous, meaning that one subtitle follows another. After the manuscript, markers are set in step 1. Then the subtitle is drawn over the length of the speech. And the individual subtitles are completed with +. The length of a new subtitle is always the same. Here I would imagine a function that fills the length to the next marker. Now you always have to extend the length manually with the mouse. Via shortcut or right mouse button would be a great help…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CC OP47

Possibility to choose the teletext page. In Belgium we're using page 889 but export chooses page 801 by default.

Possibility to choose the VANC Lines.

and accents are not recognized...

A complete improvement of CC OP47 for each country using these will be great.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Navigating up a line in captions

When writing captions with multiple lines, if you press the up button (up arrow) it brings you to the previous caption. This is problematic if many of your captions have multiple lines, as is usually the case. So you have to use the mouse to click between lines of text within the same caption. The up arrow should just bring you to the previous line of text, not the previous caption.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions - Import Settings - Can't alter settings after caption file import

So, it's great that you can customize default settings for captions now but I am not a fan of how it was set up. In order to customize your settings you must set your "import settings" prior to importing your captions file. The problem I have is that I edit 2 versions of many of our videos. One to play on monitors in our stores across the US at 16x9 and another for social media in a 4x5 aspect ratio. In both cases the captions are burned in but, from what I can tell, once you import your captions using…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe fonts not working in Premiere Pro captions in Windows 10

On Windows, you can select an Adobe Font in the captions, but this font won't work. It remains on the Windows default font.

You can see it in my screenshot

On Mac, it works flawlessly

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. shortcut for adding caption in sequence

Please make shortcut for adding caption in sequence (for example press any key twice, one for start caption, two for end caption when a playback is playing)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SRT problems after last update

Hi,

since the last update to 13.14 (build 2), the SRT files I imported are offline. When trying to relink them, I get a message " the importer reported a generic error".

Before I had no problems opening the files.

Thx

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add caption embedding for mpeg2 files!

mpeg2 is a standard delivery format for several television stations we deliver paid programs to. It is presently a pain to get those particular files encoded with captions and I am going to look at other NLE options if Adobe doesn't get on the ball and add this soon...

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add BBC/Netflix EBU-D-TT .xml subtitle export option

Adding this would allow to deliver series to Netflix or BBC through Adobe suite without any need for external subtitling software. At the moment you only export .stl .srt and .xml (but a smpte one - not a TT version) which aren't viable options for deliveries, especially not in the universe of SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for big platforms.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Proxy generation for media with closed captions

At the moment in Premiere Pro 2019, the option to create proxies from media with closed captions embedded is grayed out. Hoping this can rectified in that we deal with a lot of media that contains captions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base