Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Embedded Scenarist captions showing up as Mac Closed Captions in AME in 14.7 and .8

Windows 10/64 - 32GB RAM - GTX 1080 PPro 14.7 and .8

When I export an XDCAMHD 50 (NTSC) MXF with embedded captions from an SCC (Scenarist) file on the timeline, in the captions tab, the caption output box shows SCC. However, when it is queued to Adobe Media Encoder, it has switched the captions to Mac Closed Captions (.mcc)
    In 14.8, it won't even allow me to embed (or sidecar) SCC data in PPro, only MCC, XML, and SRT. Our broadcast servers only recognize the SCC data. I have used this workflow previously with great success.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open-captions issue between projects

Working with a co-editor in a different state, I have noticed that if he changes captions in his project, the captions no longer show up for me. The clips show up in the timeline, they don't indicate they are offline, and I can open the captions panel, but it will not show on the program/source monitors or export. I have tried everything (relinking the srt, having him send his new srt, toggling the captions view, etc.) but nothing fixes the problem, so I have to make a new srt and manually type everything in. for multiple hour-long episodes, it is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Always keep captions visible in the Captions window

When working on captions, deselecting the captions clip in the Timeline (or selecting any other clip) makes all of the captions disappear from the Captions window. An empty Captions window is of zero benefit to editors and is an annoyance since it gives editors the added step of having to re-select the captions clip in the Timeline before they can continue to work on captioning.

My suggested solution is simple. Please always keep captions visible in the Captions window, whether the captions clip is currently selected in the Timeline or not. If the Timeline has 2 or more captions clips,…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New caption design tool won't let adjust the design only for a certain part of a string

Right now, on the current caption tool, you could change the design of only one word or only some of the string on each caption.
    Analyzing the new caption tool design option (currently available only on Beta), I found out it's impossible to do.

Please add this option before the official release.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ad a setting to change the default duration of an added caption

Ad a setting to change the default duration of an added caption

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. placements, caption selections, and sizing

I like the idea where the texts as they are now. however I dislike how it has an automatic function of where it's placed and I cannot edit how the size or where the placement is, or even what caption I can use

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Request for Caption function in PP 2021

I am experimenting with the new caption feature in public Beta 14.6. I work from scripted videos and would need to be able to upload a txt or better yet a doc transcription and have PP transform it into an SRT file for use in the timeline. This is essential for multiple language versions of a video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. bulk slide captions

Better keyboard command/modifiers to bulk slide caption files. For example, take the the completed captions from a 30 minute video, and be able to quickly and accurately edit them down to 10 minutes like with video clips. We cant slide them easily or make razor tool cuts to the caption clips easily. often captions may slip or seemingly disappear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mouse disappears

The mouse disappears when I dubble click on the caption space in the timeline, when I edit a caption line. Make it come back again!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different caption tracks on the project panel appear as if they were the same in the timeline

When duplicating caption tracks in the project panel and modifying its contents they still appear as if they were the same in the timeline. It even shows the duplicated footage color warning for each clip.

If I close and reopen the project then they show as expected, each with its own content

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug with "Burn into video" subtitles - explained and demonstrated in video

Hello,
    Subtitles have been driving me crazy and I thought the problem was me, but something was weird.

Basically, in a pretty normal work flow, closing and re-opening Premiere speeds up the subtitles by 1XX% on the timeline, which is a huge pain to fix afterwards.

I have finally understood how to reproduce this bug and down below I posted 2 videos to explain exactly how to reproduce and hypothesis on what is happening

First, let me say that in Asia, a majority of YouTube content contains subtitles "burned into video". So this is definitely a critical feature that everyone…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Habilitar duas ou mais legendas ao mesmo tempo

Em uma aula, por exemplo de uma tradução, seria interessante para mostrar a língua falada na aula e logo abaixo poder mostrar a tradução. Geralmente se usa letras diferentes para representar de forma diferente. Atualmente se selecionamos uma CAPTION, o premiere desabilita a outra.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video via vertical flip and tint

When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video I get a flickering black line which is the top of the vertical flip below that I have dragged down below the original clip. I use tint and Map to white into black by the eyedropper and then ad Camera Blur. It ruins the green screen clip as they are not convincing without a shadow effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. improve open captions (visually better for online social videos)

The captions features seems very outdated for todays online video market. Why can't Adobe make them visually nicer? For example options to round the boxes, have text centres to a position so if you are going from one or two lines of text the single line is centre to the 2 lines rather than at the bottom.

Options to have the text go as far out to the side of the video. If you are making a video for online you don't need safe areas, give us the option to how far the text goes out left and right. Also…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open Captions Display Bug

Randomly an import SRT, when being edited for style changes, will not display those changes. Saving, closing the project, and re-opening it immediately reflects those visual changes with the Open Captions. This is on a 2017 iMac (max specs), macOS 10.14.6 with Premiere 14.3.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captions

I believe that captions should not be nested inside an adjustment layer.
    They should either have a dedicated track like Resolve has or simply be considered as a video track like in Avid MC.
    I also think that there should be a global setting (Font, size, positioning) that you can export and share if you have to with other editors. Unfortunately at the moment Premier has the worst captioning than all the other NLEs

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. edit captions directly in the Program Monitor

Ability to edit captions text directly in the program monitor. Like standard texts graphics.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base