Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New Caption style should repeat previous caption style

In the Premiere Pro Beta, when I create a new caption, it should have the same style as the previous caption by default

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing captions: DEL key behaves like BACKSPACE key in program window

If i edit captions (PPro 15.0) in the program window, pressing DEL does the same as pressing BACKSPACE: it deletes the letter before the marker, not after it.

In the text window DEL works as it should. It also works flawlessly when editing essential graphics text in the program window.

The problem only occurs when editing captions in the program window.

Win 10 10H2, PPro 15.0, Nvidia 461.72 studio driver

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to customize closed caption settings

I really like the Speech to Text transcribe feature. I have found it to work very well. The one thing that's not great is the conversion from transcript to captions. Premiere defaults to showing just one line of captions at a time. That's not standard. It would be great if there was a dialog box to allow us to set the caption settings. For example, "4-5 words per line, 2 lines per caption". Then, the transcript would be converted to captions based on those parameters.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for more customization in the new Captioning tool

The new captioning system is overly-restrictive in terms of dimensions/positioning.

While there should be an option to adhere to standards, there should an option to disable standards and allow for positioning/customization anywhere inside the video frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Speech to text issue using explicit language

I'm in your Beta speech to text test group.
    Explicit language is blanked out and replaced with asterisks. For professional captioners, editors and translators this isn't acceptable. Our job is to correctly add what is actually said, word for word.

Additionally since the AI doesn't understand context, it doesn't know if a dog breeder is referring to a female dog when using the term "*****".

If you want to make this a feature that can be enabled or disabled, that's fine. But at minimum it should default to verbatim transcriptions.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the new caption workflow to utilise the full screen space

On the new caption workflow t seems as though the position of captions is restricted to the "safe margins" of the screen.

Please can you make it so they can be positioned anywhere on the screen, i,e all the way to the top and bottom.

On the previous workflow you could achieve this by altering the positing within the "Effects control", but now there is no way of doing it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Captioning configuration

The Speech-to-Text function in 15.0 is very impressive. It's already helping us out greatly.

However, I would like be able to configure the Transcript to Caption process. I mean, I'd like to be able to enter a min/max character count, and a line count when the captions are created from the transcript. Can this be done already, if so how?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: 708 Captions display incorrectly

x-post from message boards:

Current workflow for network delivery is export 1080/23.98 ProResHQ master from competitor's NLE, Rewrap and embed 608/708 CC using CineXtools. Files have been checked on various waveform monitors, Telestream Switch and Quicktime player. All show embedded CC correctly.

Network then imports captioned master file into Premiere Pro v14.7 for formatting. From this point, 708 captions are incorrect. They are at the top of screen rather than where originally placed, the text color is grey instead of white, many characters (particularly apostrophes) are incorrect, and entire blocks of captions are missing.

In Premiere Pro v13, both 608…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. export the captions separately without the video

I like the new captions system in beta, but I want to be able to export the captions separately without the video, just like before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New 15.0 caption workflow issues

For the new caption workflow in PPro 15.0:

1) Styles are not saved and useable across different projects.

2) Every interaction with captions sets the 'Text' window back to the first caption so you have to scroll through all captions to the current one to see/edit

3) when a caption 'clip' is selected, it cannot be trimmed with the selection tool

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exporting .mcc, .xml and .stl files from Text window

In the current Premiere Pro release (15.0), it is only possible to export MCC, XML and STL files using the Export Media option. This means, for each of these formats, the video (or at least the audio) need to also be exported each time one of these subtitle file formats needs to be exported. This takes much longer than would be the case if only the sidecar file were to be exported.
    It would be ideal if the MCC, XML and STL sidecar files could be exported separately, the same way SRT files can be exported from the new Text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clicking into edit mode in new captions panel

LOVING the new captions workflow (and can't wait for auto-transcription). One thing to improve: Right now clicking into the text of a caption is annoying. If I double click directly into a caption, that works OK, but if I single click first (or slower than double-click double click), then I have to double click again to open the editor. This especially happens if I'm toggling between a script and PP, so my first click just brings focus to PP, the second might select the caption (or might not...) and then I'm having to double click again...

Can it just open…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore Standalone .scc file export

In PP 2020, you could export a standalone .scc file by selecting the set (timeline, clip or anything that contained Captions) and selecting File>Export>Captions... Now in 2021, the only way to export a .scc file is using the media export panel as a sidecar, an which case you must also export media. This takes what could be a 3-5 second process and turns it into a long process which includes a render.

There are countless reasons why one may want to export just the .scc file, but I'll give you my top three.

1. You want to use it for some…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Issues with Closed Captions in 2021-- system needs work

Two things that are not working well in closed captions in Adobe Premiere Pro 2021:
    1) When a new caption box is created, one must scroll down through all the other captions to reach it. The new caption box should automatically appear in the source panel without having to scroll down.
    2) When I play the sequence to be sure my caption is properly matched to the audio track, the play bar sticks, so it fails to show where the playback is in real time. This is a BIG pain that hinders my ability to match audio track to caption.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to improve the P15.0 Text Feature

Hi,

With the current Premiere Pro version 15.0 a new way of handling captions have been implemented. You can say what you want about the update, but here we are, and we need to make the best out of it.

Some features that would make this a whole lot better is:

• When you add a captions on the current timeline and click out (of text) in to the sequence, the text layer is reset and when you go back to text, you need to scroll to the bottom again. It would be nice to always be where you were last…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base