Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Process the captions as video files on a dedicated subtitles track

One caption should be processed just as a standard video file.

Instead of a new "captions" file in the bin, we should create a "caption track" on the timeline.

This subtitles track would appear as some sort of "S1" track above the video tracks. It would be processed as a video file dedicated to captions, the same way you process the submix tracks for audio.

Inside the different subtitles tracks, we would be able to interact with the different subtites the way we interact with any other file in the timeline : multiple selections with shift, selection of everything after…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug in PrPro 14.2.0. / projects with captions make Premiere crash on opening

After updating to PPro 14.2.0 whenever I wanted to open a project created with a previous version and containing captions Premiere crashes directly on opening. After reverting to 14.1.0 it worked again.
    IMac Pro
    Catalina

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing open captions position cause Premiere Pro to crash

This has happened to me MANY times now.
    Full HD project, 30 fps. I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909.
    I have one Open Captions track.
    When I edit the position of a single caption (using the keyboard to enter a new time) very often this causes Premiere Pro 14.0.4 to crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add "Open bin in new tab" keyboard shortcut (alt+double mouse click).

Please add "Open bin in new tab" keyboard shortcut (alt+double mouse click).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add keyboard shortcuts for Captions

Would love a keyboard shortcut to:

add caption

add caption at playhead

start caption at playhead

end caption at playhead.

Is this a possibility? It would save me so much time captioning work for clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. captions! DOCUMENTATION!!! TUTORIAL!!!

There have been some significant changes - mentioned in a late release but not documented.
    It would be good if Adobe would create and release DOCUMENTATION and TUTORIALS for caption functions.
    We're better than we were a year ago but there is much to do. If someone at Adobe had to actually caption a sequence in order to write the documentation and create the tutorial, and then mention the GRIPES he or she will inevitably have in doing this job, we might be closer to having this be a world-class part of Premiere Pro.
    At the moment it is still…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Set To Current Time" quick action button in Captions

Add a button on each caption line's IN and OUT points that say "Set to current time" that way I can re-format my captions if the timing changes slightly. I currently need to click and drag each caption line's IN and OUT points separately around the dialogue, which is inaccurate and a massive waste of time. Kapwing figured this out already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keyboard shortcut cti

Keyboard shortcut to collect the current time of the CTI on the timeline. This would work while in the Captions workspace and would save several keystrokes and time while editing captions. Would team up with the Paste command to place caption start and stop times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CC OP47

Possibility to choose the teletext page. In Belgium we're using page 889 but export chooses page 801 by default.

Possibility to choose the VANC Lines.

and accents are not recognized...

A complete improvement of CC OP47 for each country using these will be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selecting a certain text on a caption changes its color to default black.

Selecting a certain text on a caption changes its color to default black.

I work on captions as the screenshot wherein a part of the phrase has a different color. Now, when I close it and reopen the captions and then select the color picker, while changing nothing at all, it will revert back to black. You see I have some words that are colored yellow, once I go back to those text, and then get the color picker to copy the color (because I intend to copy the color to be used in other text) the color goes back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. オープンキャプションの入力制限の機能を追加してほしい

オープンキャプションで、字幕を付けると長文では画面からはみ出してしまいます。
    画面上での配置は、左揃えにした場合、セーフエリアより左に配置できないのに対し、文字数が多い場合は右側はセーフエリア外にはみ出る事にも、違和感を感じます。
    長尺の動画の字幕を一つ一つ文字がはみ出ていないかをチェックするのは大変です。
    なので、任意の幅に達したら自動で改行される機能を追加してほしいです。
    その他にも、1行しか表示させたくない場合などに、行数を指定できる設定もあると便利です。その場合、はみ出た文字は自動でテキストブロックが半分に分割され、はみ出た文字は後方のブロックに入力されるなどで対処すれば良いと思います。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the Captions!

PLEASE! Fix the captions in Premiere Pro. This is a nightmare to work with. It doesn't update in real time, it makes the software and even sometimes the computer crash. I thought it was my computer at first, but it actually crashes in any circumstances on other machines. Please, do something! Make the captions feature work regardless of the computer specs!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add BBC/Netflix EBU-D-TT .xml subtitle export option

Adding this would allow to deliver series to Netflix or BBC through Adobe suite without any need for external subtitling software. At the moment you only export .stl .srt and .xml (but a smpte one - not a TT version) which aren't viable options for deliveries, especially not in the universe of SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for big platforms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Navigating up a line in captions

When writing captions with multiple lines, if you press the up button (up arrow) it brings you to the previous caption. This is problematic if many of your captions have multiple lines, as is usually the case. So you have to use the mouse to click between lines of text within the same caption. The up arrow should just bring you to the previous line of text, not the previous caption.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug when you trim a caption from the beginning

When I want to shorten a subtitle from the beginning, it automatically expands to the previous subtitle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicating open captions - making edits on duplicate shouldn't affect original

When you duplicate an open, burned in, caption, the edits you make on the duplicate affect the original. In my situation, I need to make captions in multiple languages. So if I were able to duplicate a caption, put the duplicate on a track above, and edit the new caption according to the pacing and text blacks of the original caption clip, that would save a ton of time. Instead I have to start from scratch in each language.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Toggling option between point or lines in captions size.

Toggling option between point or lines in captions size. Should work for open captions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base