Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto sync captions. SRT automatically syncs to correct position like VLC

I find it quite cumbersome that I have to manually drag the SRT file into visual sync in Premiere Pro constantly when a program like VLC just puts it perfectly into place on a drag and drop.

My SRT files are made by a different person and currently I have to edit the SRT file externally to have a subtitle at 00:00:00:00 so that I can easily snap it in the timeline. This ensures that the subtitle is synced as the subtitler intended it to be. I then delete the first sub and there you have it. It is finally…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow for editing of caption text using other keyboard shortcut layouts.

The old closed captions system using the "caption" window allowed for me to change text without needing to worry about triggering shortcuts.

The new system's "text" window will only let me enter text without issue if I revert back to the default Premiere shortcuts, or resort to editing the caption in the monitor - neither of which are ideal, nor practical when dealing with lots of captions.

I know you won't revert to the old system, but please fix the lack of compatibility with non-default shortcut layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix captioning bug

When trying to edit captions in Premiere Pro 2021, these glyph characters replace the text, so it's hard for me to edit it. When I exit the editing, the characters go back to normal text. I see others are having the same issue, please fix this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the new Captions window overrule the functions assigned to keys

In the new captions window (15.0.0) When I have the functions "go to next edit" and "go to previous edit" assigned to let's say the 'a' and 's' keys. I can not type a's and s's in the textfields because this moves my cursor to the next or previous title.
    That is not normal behaviour of a keyboard in a textfield. I want all functions assigned to keys in my customized keyboard overruled when I start typing.
    (the a and s keys happen to be the standard "goto next" and "goto previous edit" keys in AVID edit applications).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Paint on and other selections no longer available for captions

Paint on is vital for broadcast commercials. The drop down menu was under the paragraph tools but is now missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Duplicate Caption track as a contextual pull down in the track

I'd like to be able to, for example, use the transcription tool, then convert to a 708 caption track, then control-click on the caption track and duplicate it with the option to make it a 608 track. Right now, I have to go back to the transcription to create the new caption, then any adjustments I made (combining captions, splitting captions, timing changes) need to be manually redone. (unless I'm missing something which is totally possible.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. speech to text translation

Would it be possible that after the editor has corrected the speech to text transcript it could be re-uploaded to be translated into another language and create another speech to text transcript. So we end up with multiple captions in different languages which the editor can export out as multiple SRT files for uploading to what ever platform they are using all from within Premier Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premiere 15.0 Captioning Workflow Improvements

with the new caption functionality (in 15.0) really need to have :
    1. some buttons(shortcuts) to move words up/down to previous/subsequent captions
    2. on two line subtitles want to move words up/down from line one to line two and vise versa easily without having to double click every single time.
    3. Ability to add transitions to at least the top and tail of subtitles

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add quick render options for transcripts and captions

The transcript/caption feature update is great! what would make it amazing is a quick button on both the transcript and caption windows that give you a quick option to download the transcript as a text document and an option to download the captions as an SRT side car file without having to render the video as well. The use case here is that I'd like to use this feature to go back and transcribe/caption a bunch of videos that I previously produced before this feature was available for ADA compliance. I'd like a quick workflow for doing that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Issues with using the new Captioning interface

I am an amateur video editor and I have been using premiere pro since September of 2020. I hand caption all of the videos due to the content using specific technical terms that are not picked up by auto-captions. I really settled into the workflow of the old captioning interface.

When the update went live, I was unaware of the interface upgrade, or event he update itself. It took me about 2 hours to A. find the new interface, B. figure out how to work within it. I now can work within it but there were some features that were…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Closed Captions in Premiere Pro 15 Nested sequences not embedding but burning in video instead

I was informed by a TV station after I delivered a new show that the captions were burned into the video rather than embedded for closed captioning. I discovered that my workflow included nesting commercials with the captions in the nest. When exporting to MXF the captions in the main timeline seemed to embed ok, however, the captions in the nested sequences burned the captions into the video so they are visible like subtitles. Which is not what I want. The old version 14.x would export all captions nested or otherwise as embedded. I'm on a 2018 MacBook Pro running…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Portugal portugues is not the same as Brazilian Portugues

Guys, in the transcript tool we have the Portugese option, but keep in mind, Portugal portugues is not the same as Brazilian Portugues, and its Portugues, and not Portugese.

Please, with a few modifications, I believe you can put the Brazilian Portugues as an option, as seen you have a lot of market in Brasil too.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Caption Issues

Hi - the 2021 update for premiere wiped out all my captions from my hundreds of existing timelines. At this point I’d like to go back to the 2020 software but how can I find and restore the “team” project files from before the software update? This is a huge issue for us as we have invested hundreds of hours in building our captionS workflow. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it work...

The subtitles tool is completely unusable. 100% CPU usage, incredibly unresponsive and hard to work with. Fix your stuff, Adobe!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Subtitles Improvements

I'm excited about the improvements to the subtitles. However, I'd like to have the ability to move the text all the way to the bottom of the frame. Also, extend the background box to the edge and bottom of the frame. I would like to be able to import txt files as well as srt files. I often have scripts that I break into subtitles and save as txt.

Since I switched to Pr, I've still been forced to use Avid for subtitles because of the rich features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Transcribe Beta

first of just started to play with the beta transcribe. Brilliant. I have a ten min. interview broken in to 4 segments with voiceover intro and overview, two differrent speakers. cant move the captions around, Assuming that locked at moment. But, the interviewee when transcribe puts below my speaker. Probaly just dumb luck but if it was planned great. When i transcribe the entire video it places mid left. when i transcibe audio only it puts down in closed caption area. Again I understand options are few. I tried to transcibe with the music underscore on it tried for two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app.

New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app. I will not pay for a product that doesn't work. Until this is fixed I will not be paying for Premiere Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delete key work wrong in the new workflow on program moniter.

I've experience this problem for 1 month already since beta version. Please fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BRING BACK OLD CAPTION FEATURE

This new subtitle option is terrible. The ability to customize the captions like a regular track was game changer, also the ability to use the same settings without having to change the font saved so much time. Please please please change it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Captions 708 output doesn't respect the timeline timecode (Premiere Pro 2021 v15.1 and v15.2)

Hi,

When outputting both 608 and 708 captions in a XDCAM-60i MXF OP1a with embedded closed captions, the 608 captions output is fine, but the 708 are offset by 6 frames when compared to the timecode in the Premiere Pro timeline.

This is the same problem since Premiere Pro 2019, still have to use 2018 to export MXF with 708 in the right place.

Workflow is an imported MCC file from MacCaption (29.97 drop frame) output to XDCAMHD 4:2:2 50Mbps NTSC MXF OP1a.

Output file is tested both with Telestream Switch and Premiere Pro (output file imported back in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base