Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different caption tracks on the project panel appear as if they were the same in the timeline

When duplicating caption tracks in the project panel and modifying its contents they still appear as if they were the same in the timeline. It even shows the duplicated footage color warning for each clip.

If I close and reopen the project then they show as expected, each with its own content

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug with "Burn into video" subtitles - explained and demonstrated in video

Hello,
    Subtitles have been driving me crazy and I thought the problem was me, but something was weird.

Basically, in a pretty normal work flow, closing and re-opening Premiere speeds up the subtitles by 1XX% on the timeline, which is a huge pain to fix afterwards.

I have finally understood how to reproduce this bug and down below I posted 2 videos to explain exactly how to reproduce and hypothesis on what is happening

First, let me say that in Asia, a majority of YouTube content contains subtitles "burned into video". So this is definitely a critical feature that everyone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Habilitar duas ou mais legendas ao mesmo tempo

Em uma aula, por exemplo de uma tradução, seria interessante para mostrar a língua falada na aula e logo abaixo poder mostrar a tradução. Geralmente se usa letras diferentes para representar de forma diferente. Atualmente se selecionamos uma CAPTION, o premiere desabilita a outra.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video via vertical flip and tint

When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video I get a flickering black line which is the top of the vertical flip below that I have dragged down below the original clip. I use tint and Map to white into black by the eyedropper and then ad Camera Blur. It ruins the green screen clip as they are not convincing without a shadow effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open Captions Display Bug

Randomly an import SRT, when being edited for style changes, will not display those changes. Saving, closing the project, and re-opening it immediately reflects those visual changes with the Open Captions. This is on a 2017 iMac (max specs), macOS 10.14.6 with Premiere 14.3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot type in "Type Caption Text Here"

The fact that this bug has been going on for years and has not been fixed is very disappointing. Every time I type in the "Type Caption Text Here", no changes are made. I have watched countless videos and read numerous threads, only to come to the conclusion that there is no solution. This is a vital piece to video editing in the modern day market in order to appeal to more consumers. FIX THIS PLEASE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New captions at playhead

When adding a caption to a captions layer, it should be added at the playhead instead of the end of the previous caption. This would vastly increase the speed with which captions can be added and positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Read embedded CC from within Transport Stream, MXF files, etc.

Many formats support embedded captions, but Premier won't read them. I have to go through CC extractors and format converters to get them back into a project. It would be great it Premier would read captions from all video formats it supports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New caption design tool won't let adjust the design only for a certain part of a string

Right now, on the current caption tool, you could change the design of only one word or only some of the string on each caption,
    analyzing the new caption tool design option (currently available only on Beta), I found it's impossible to do.

Please add this option before the official release.
    Thanks

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Decode EIA-608 A/53 DTVCC on Import

I have multiple MXF OP-1A XDCAM HD 35 formatted files which have EIA-608 (A/53 DTVCC Transport) text streams but Adobe Premiere does not recognize these captions on import. Is there currently a way within the Adobe Creative Suite to decode as caption files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug : Subtitles are shifted down when italic

Hello,

When using the Closed Captions feature, the font shifts down when using italic on a part of the sentence. This is more and less visible depending of the fonts. Here's an image with the same sentence done with the Type Tool (top) and the Closed Captions (down).

The font used is Manrope (downloaded from Google Fonts), but I've seen similar issues with other typos (Futura, Inter, Helvetica...).

Issues like this must be a priority to make Closed Captions usable on Premiere.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issue : Prem Pro crashs after editing captions

Hi, since 29.10.20 when editing captions on a timeline, seems to work fine for a minute, then once edited a caption, Prem Pro crashs and becomes unresponsive. I am having to task manager close the app, and restart to continue to edit, however everytime I edit a caption, same issue.

I have rolled back one update to see if this resolves my issue, however I still have the same experience.

Can anyone help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SCC import result in fixed timebase 29.97

When importing a scc file on a video we see that at the end of the video the key's don't match. Changing the source settings of the scc file to 25 fps doesn't change this while we would expect that this should solve the problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Captions: Style Presets

Importing an SRT allows for style presets, however, for captions that are created within Premiere, the same style presets can't be used.

Advice from Adobe was to export captions made in premiere as an SRT sidecar, then import them to use the preset. This seems like a long winded process, and would save so much time if it was fixed.

Additionally, copy and paste short cuts don't work on effects, in the effects control panel on caption files for some reason. Manually right clicking copy and paste do the job, but cmd+c cmd+v don't work. Just a bug I think.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spanish Close Caption for Latino high school English Language Learners.

My school district has a license for the Cloud. Great tool. We have a significant Spanish speaking population. Your close caption feature is amazing but I find it puzzling it lacks Spanish. Please consider adding the feature. The impact on student learning will be incredible. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AI Detection of Graphics/Faces for Captioning

It would be useful to have an AI feature that would auto-detect graphics and faces in a video to place captions in locations that do not cover graphics and faces in the video. This would speed up the captioning process significantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Caption exports do not retain style and size changes

Tested an .srt subtitle language file from REV, imported into an HD timeline. Made size and style changes and exported two different ways-

1) Using Export Media dialog>Captions pane, which includes a "Include Style settings" checkbox, which I checked. Selected sidecar file.

Round-tripped it back into the same HD timeline-- no size style changes retained.

2) Used File>Export>Captions, which allows you to export just the sidecar, no movie, and also includes the Styles checkbox.

Round-tripped the export back into Premiere to see that, once again, absolutely no style changes have been retained.

How can I deliver this to the client…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prevent Media Encoder from rendering Closed Caption import files

Oh, boy I've been reading the threads asking for AME to render imported CC and .srt language subtitle files-- I don't want it!

I am not yet a veteran CC producer. Like many, I've been drawn into the requirement as editor.

I have fresh downloads from REV in three popular timecoded formats. The minute they land, AME pounces on them. So I figured, OK, let it work.

Three hours later (these are all feature length files), I tried laying what was a .scc file, now a rendered .mov file, into my testbed HD timeline.

I gave it a chance. No…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When importing and exporting an .srt allow position of the captions to be carried through.

I need to import .srts sometimes the postioning has already been adjusted but it is lost when imported. After creating a new version and exporting the .srt any postioning is lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base