Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

645 results found

1. I want the automatic transcription function to be essential graphics text.

The new caption feature is great! Thank you for developing!
    But we have more requests.
    Currently, the recorded voice is made into a text as a "caption".
    We want you to make it as "essential graphics text", not as "caption".

Because ...
    Captions cannot be styled on a clip-by-clip basis.
    Captions cannot be animated using keyframes.

Captions can't do what you can do with such essential graphics text.
    We want it to be more flexible.

【自動文字起こし機能をエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストにしてほしい】

新しいキャプション機能は素晴らしい!開発してくれてありがとう!
    しかし、私たちはもっとお願いがある。
    現在はレコーディングした音声が「キャプション」としてテキストが作られている。
    私たちは「キャプション」ではなく、「エッセンシャッルグラフィックステキスト」として作ってほしい。

なぜなら・・・
    キャプションは、クリップごとにスタイルが適用できない。
    キャプションは、キーフレームを使ったアニメーションができない。

このようなエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストならできる演出が、キャプションではできない。
    私たちはもっと自由度の高いものにしてほしい。

494 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Working with captions. Split caption and Merge captions features won't work every time. Please fix ASAP.

Working with captions. Split caption and Merge captions features won't work every time. Please fix ASAP.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Independent values for height and width of the background behind closed captions

Please allow us to customise the width of the background independently from its height.
    I want to be able to have just a little vertical space but a lot more space around the horizontal edges so that the captions look more pleasing to the eye. Without this, I have to create my own rectangles and adjust the width of each one manually for every individual caption :(

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy current timecode to clipboard when copy/pasting text from transcript

Add current timecode and speaker info to clipboard when copy/pasting text from transcript, allowing editors to make selects from interviews and paste quotes into a text editor.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

7. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Split caption at playhead instead of splitting caption in half

When splitting a long caption block, Premiere will split the caption block in half, instead of where the playhead is paused at.

This means I have to figure out which word it split on, then edit the captions to match or edit the timeline to match. And sometimes it splits the caption in the middle of a word or another inconvenient place.

It would be nice to have an option where the caption splits at the playhead, because usually if I think the caption needs to be split I'm playing through the timeline and have the playhead at that point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "import script" to cross-reference auto-generated transcript.

The auto-generated captions feature recently added is wonderful! I look forward to seeing some of the UI streamlined in the future.

My idea is this: in the transcription menu, add an "import script" option (or call it whatever) where you can copy/paste text (preferably rich text) for the program to cross reference with it's auto-generated transcription. The program already does a surprisingly good job, but this could ensure 100% accuracy for videos with pre-scripted content. Paired with the automatically timed captions, this could be a very useful addition!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the captions track act like a video track

Make the captions layer act like a videolayer. Captions now block normal editing because they are not included in trimming, are not selected when all tracks are selected, are always copied even when track is not selected. Captions are a lot improved but making them part of the editing and not just as an add to a finalized edit will improve it a lot. Let me explain a bit further; Adobe now has a great transcription build in, in lots of languages, but once you have made a transcription and start editing with it there are great limitations because of…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There is a bug with captions

In the past month, I've edited 60 videos with captioning. The captioning feature works pretty well. However, I happened to notice that the captioning was bleeding over to the next frame - only with frames for which I removed the sound.

Just an fyi. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly? But now, I have to go back and correct the caption bleed for 60 videos... Ick...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable multiple captions track at same time

I used to add multiple captions in order to have two languages subtitled. Now I need to do that again but I can't, because only one track can be enabled. I would love if there's an update to give this option, to have at least two captions track enabled on screen at the same time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make a way to type emojis directly from the text panel rather than importing pngs. Can do in photoshop not in premier pro

Please make it possible for us to type emojis in premier pro directly from the text panel. It is already a feature in photoshop but not present in premier pro. Importing and placing emoji pngs is very time consuming and takes up a lot of time in a massive workflow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. captions

Captions are ever changing on social media so we should have more control such as rotation and inserting emojis from key boards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Full Text Export Of Subtitles w/o Timestamps

The export options for the transcript only allow you to have the text with the relevant timestamps. What I usually need is the full text readout of the transcript without timestamps to be made available so we may be have that as a supplementary document with our videos however it proves difficult to do so with the current tools unless going through extensive manual editing.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. if i cut out a clip in the middle of my transcribed sequence, the transcription should travel with it

if i cut out a clip in the middle of my transcribed sequence, the transcription should travel with it, as opposed to the transcription now being off and now doesnt match what is being said when because i cut something out of the middle

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto-generated captions should not have line-breaks in the middle of sentences..

When editing captions I often resize the bounding box depending if they are one line or two. Auto-generated captions always have line breaks - sometimes after a single word. Which means going to each caption block just to delete these superfluous spacings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Generating captions from an imported non-timecode transcript

Adobe's captioning tools have improved enormously. Thank you! But we'd love to see a feature that allows captions to be made from a non-time-coded transcript file. In other words, to have Premiere Pro perform the timings from supplied text. YouTube lets you do this – paste in a transcription and then let it assign timings and give you back a .srt file.
    Please enhance Adobe's captioning smarts with this feature!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, I've been experiencing some bugs with my premiere pro cc. every time I use Auto Transcribe, and press transcribe sequence

Hi, I've been experiencing some bugs with my premiere pro cc. every time I use Auto Transcribe, and press transcribe sequence, nothing happens. I've tried everything, there was an update for premiere today but was not able to fix this bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base