Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hebrew punctuation in open captions do not work correctly

When using open captions in the Hebrew language, the punctuation marks typed at the end of a sentence always appear at the beginning of the sentence.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Subtitles for Corrections

Export speech to text transcripts and subtitles so Print Publishers can edit the correct spelling, names and so on when Adobe Speech to Text doesn't translate correctly. Then allow the editor to re import the corrected transcript and create corrected sub titles and captions from corrected transcripts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need ability to export transcripts, and subtitles

Ability to export transcripts and subtitles to a document. Then a content editor can fix names, spellings and punctuation that Adobe speech to text misses.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: 708 Captions display incorrectly

x-post from message boards:

Current workflow for network delivery is export 1080/23.98 ProResHQ master from competitor's NLE, Rewrap and embed 608/708 CC using CineXtools. Files have been checked on various waveform monitors, Telestream Switch and Quicktime player. All show embedded CC correctly.

Network then imports captioned master file into Premiere Pro v14.7 for formatting. From this point, 708 captions are incorrect. They are at the top of screen rather than where originally placed, the text color is grey instead of white, many characters (particularly apostrophes) are incorrect, and entire blocks of captions are missing.

In Premiere Pro v13, both 608…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. improve Captions tool, i cannot change font family in the software it's really annoying

I have a Font which has 7 Styles, but im only able to use only two, Bold and Regular, when choosing any other option it is showing as the Regular Font.

This is a major issue, i need to upload the video for a Major Client and
    according to their guideline i need to use Bull Heavy 1, there is no solution on the internet either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

9. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transcribe Beta

first of just started to play with the beta transcribe. Brilliant. I have a ten min. interview broken in to 4 segments with voiceover intro and overview, two differrent speakers. cant move the captions around, Assuming that locked at moment. But, the interviewee when transcribe puts below my speaker. Probaly just dumb luck but if it was planned great. When i transcribe the entire video it places mid left. when i transcibe audio only it puts down in closed caption area. Again I understand options are few. I tried to transcibe with the music underscore on it tried for two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto sync captions. SRT automatically syncs to correct position like VLC

I find it quite cumbersome that I have to manually drag the SRT file into visual sync in Premiere Pro constantly when a program like VLC just puts it perfectly into place on a drag and drop.

My SRT files are made by a different person and currently I have to edit the SRT file externally to have a subtitle at 00:00:00:00 so that I can easily snap it in the timeline. This ensures that the subtitle is synced as the subtitler intended it to be. I then delete the first sub and there you have it. It is finally…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Proper subtitling/captioning tools

After trying out the new captioning in Beta, I'm fairly disappointed. This does not solve any of the issues I've had earlier – it basically just serves as a shortcut for the current shortcuts one can do via EG in AE. What I miss:
    1. I would like to have the option of having background per line (not one big rectangular for all text)
    2. I would like more freedom in designing the look of the subtitles (shapes, rounded edges, animations etc.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Subtitles/Close captions painful BUG Report !!!

I imported a srt, everything was fine. But after reload the project, the close caption goes desync!!!!
    I show it briefly in the attached video.
    Please see the video.
    Thanks for the fixing this painful BUG!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add Dutch support for transcript

transcript seems to work in beta version.
    However Dutch is not supported yet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. speech to text translation

Would it be possible that after the editor has corrected the speech to text transcript it could be re-uploaded to be translated into another language and create another speech to text transcript. So we end up with multiple captions in different languages which the editor can export out as multiple SRT files for uploading to what ever platform they are using all from within Premier Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add quick render options for transcripts and captions

The transcript/caption feature update is great! what would make it amazing is a quick button on both the transcript and caption windows that give you a quick option to download the transcript as a text document and an option to download the captions as an SRT side car file without having to render the video as well. The use case here is that I'd like to use this feature to go back and transcribe/caption a bunch of videos that I previously produced before this feature was available for ADA compliance. I'd like a quick workflow for doing that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Completely wrong captions

i used a video with a clear and loud german voice. I want to have english caption. In the result, not a single word is correct. Absolutely unusable. What is wrong? Peter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert CC tracks to essential graphics

With the new CC/subtitles work flow, it's only possible to show one CC/sub layer at a time. Most of the time, we use multiple onscreen languages at a time so it would be neat if you could, after importing and dragging your .SRT to a CC track, select your Subtitle track and convert all titles to Essential Graphics clips that you can use on a video layer. It would then be possible to show multiple languages all at once as burnt in subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base