Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hebrew punctuation in open captions do not work correctly

When using open captions in the Hebrew language, the punctuation marks typed at the end of a sentence always appear at the beginning of the sentence.

81 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

221 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

3. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Captions checkbox on export automatically turned on if there are Captions in the video

Okay, so your like me and you just finished a long days edit with captions and you're about to export a large file, you know it's going to take hours to export. After all that time, you review the export and low-and-behold, no captions. YOU FORGOT TO PRESS THE TURN ON CAPTIONS BUTTON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE CAPTIONS IN THE VIDEO! Adobe, if there are captions in the timeline being exported, the captions option in the export settings should be automatically checked. I can see why it is uncheck by default as to help the editor decide what kind of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: cursor disappears when making changes to closed captions

This happens every 15 minutes or so. The cursor lasts longer when I reset preferences, but it's very frustrating. I have to restart the project every time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow line breaks in the captions editor

We do two lines of captions in a frame of video, and my client often has opinions about where the line breaks should go. For example, we like to have a line break after a comma, or to even out the length of the top and bottom lines. In the new Text window in Premiere Beta, the Captions editor does not allow you to make a line break at all - it's dependent on the size of the text. It would be great to be able to make a line break when creating captions from scratch.

I also tried importing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Proper subtitling/captioning tools

After trying out the new captioning in Beta, I'm fairly disappointed. This does not solve any of the issues I've had earlier – it basically just serves as a shortcut for the current shortcuts one can do via EG in AE. What I miss:
    1. I would like to have the option of having background per line (not one big rectangular for all text)
    2. I would like more freedom in designing the look of the subtitles (shapes, rounded edges, animations etc.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Problem in new caption tool in beta version

About New text caption tool in Beta version: I'm From Israel...the hebrew srt lines appears backwards! and in the styles mennagment I hope You'll give the possibility to delete styles

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to choose character number limits for captions

Sentences can get long and it would be great to be able to automatically set the character amount for each line instead of having the captions stack when we don't want them

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Beta: way to enter a line break in Captions.

For readability it would be great to have a way to force a line break to f.e. shorten the first line of a two line caption. It'd be faster for the reader to go to the beginning of the second line, thus making the captions more legible.

And for translations, depending on the language, there might be recommendations for fluent legibility, either a letter or word count. An example, for Finnish television they suggest letter count of about 37 letters - including spaces - for one line of text.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mp4 with an embed close caption

We have a tv station that wants an mp4 with an embed close caption, not a sidecar file. This is not an option that I have found. I'm I missing something? It used to be there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved Captions Editing

Please improve captions editing by allowing us to copy/paste, selecting and moving multiple captions at once, easily create caption clips that can be inserted in the middle of a scene, etc. The caption features in Premiere are extremely limited and it's very time consuming to get captions the way I want them, especially if I need to make an edit in the middle of my timeline and now have to move potentially move hundreds of captions one-by-one.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Always keep captions visible in the Captions window

When working on captions, deselecting the captions clip in the Timeline (or selecting any other clip) makes all of the captions disappear from the Captions window. An empty Captions window is of zero benefit to editors and is an annoyance since it gives editors the added step of having to re-select the captions clip in the Timeline before they can continue to work on captioning.

My suggested solution is simple. Please always keep captions visible in the Captions window, whether the captions clip is currently selected in the Timeline or not. If the Timeline has 2 or more captions clips,…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New caption design tool won't let adjust the design only for a certain part of a string

Right now, on the current caption tool, you could change the design of only one word or only some of the string on each caption.
    Analyzing the new caption tool design option (currently available only on Beta), I found out it's impossible to do.

Please add this option before the official release.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. placements, caption selections, and sizing

I like the idea where the texts as they are now. however I dislike how it has an automatic function of where it's placed and I cannot edit how the size or where the placement is, or even what caption I can use

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Request for Caption function in PP 2021

I am experimenting with the new caption feature in public Beta 14.6. I work from scripted videos and would need to be able to upload a txt or better yet a doc transcription and have PP transform it into an SRT file for use in the timeline. This is essential for multiple language versions of a video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bulk slide captions

Better keyboard command/modifiers to bulk slide caption files. For example, take the the completed captions from a 30 minute video, and be able to quickly and accurately edit them down to 10 minutes like with video clips. We cant slide them easily or make razor tool cuts to the caption clips easily. often captions may slip or seemingly disappear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mouse disappears

The mouse disappears when I dubble click on the caption space in the timeline, when I edit a caption line. Make it come back again!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base