Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

208 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

2. Make the Captions checkbox on export automatically turned on if there are Captions in the video

Okay, so your like me and you just finished a long days edit with captions and you're about to export a large file, you know it's going to take hours to export. After all that time, you review the export and low-and-behold, no captions. YOU FORGOT TO PRESS THE TURN ON CAPTIONS BUTTON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE CAPTIONS IN THE VIDEO! Adobe, if there are captions in the timeline being exported, the captions option in the export settings should be automatically checked. I can see why it is uncheck by default as to help the editor decide what kind of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Always keep captions visible in the Captions window

When working on captions, deselecting the captions clip in the Timeline (or selecting any other clip) makes all of the captions disappear from the Captions window. An empty Captions window is of zero benefit to editors and is an annoyance since it gives editors the added step of having to re-select the captions clip in the Timeline before they can continue to work on captioning.

My suggested solution is simple. Please always keep captions visible in the Captions window, whether the captions clip is currently selected in the Timeline or not. If the Timeline has 2 or more captions clips,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mouse disappears

The mouse disappears when I dubble click on the caption space in the timeline, when I edit a caption line. Make it come back again!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug : Subtitles are shifted down when italic

Hello,

When using the Closed Captions feature, the font shifts down when using italic on a part of the sentence. This is more and less visible depending of the fonts. Here's an image with the same sentence done with the Type Tool (top) and the Closed Captions (down).

The font used is Manrope (downloaded from Google Fonts), but I've seen similar issues with other typos (Futura, Inter, Helvetica...).

Issues like this must be a priority to make Closed Captions usable on Premiere.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improved Captions Editing

Please improve captions editing by allowing us to copy/paste, selecting and moving multiple captions at once, easily create caption clips that can be inserted in the middle of a scene, etc. The caption features in Premiere are extremely limited and it's very time consuming to get captions the way I want them, especially if I need to make an edit in the middle of my timeline and now have to move potentially move hundreds of captions one-by-one.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Caption exports do not retain style and size changes

Tested an .srt subtitle language file from REV, imported into an HD timeline. Made size and style changes and exported two different ways-

1) Using Export Media dialog>Captions pane, which includes a "Include Style settings" checkbox, which I checked. Selected sidecar file.

Round-tripped it back into the same HD timeline-- no size style changes retained.

2) Used File>Export>Captions, which allows you to export just the sidecar, no movie, and also includes the Styles checkbox.

Round-tripped the export back into Premiere to see that, once again, absolutely no style changes have been retained.

How can I deliver this to the client…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent Media Encoder from rendering Closed Caption import files

Oh, boy I've been reading the threads asking for AME to render imported CC and .srt language subtitle files-- I don't want it!

I am not yet a veteran CC producer. Like many, I've been drawn into the requirement as editor.

I have fresh downloads from REV in three popular timecoded formats. The minute they land, AME pounces on them. So I figured, OK, let it work.

Three hours later (these are all feature length files), I tried laying what was a .scc file, now a rendered .mov file, into my testbed HD timeline.

I gave it a chance. No…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When importing and exporting an .srt allow position of the captions to be carried through.

I need to import .srts sometimes the postioning has already been adjusted but it is lost when imported. After creating a new version and exporting the .srt any postioning is lost.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Captions Display Bug

Randomly an import SRT, when being edited for style changes, will not display those changes. Saving, closing the project, and re-opening it immediately reflects those visual changes with the Open Captions. This is on a 2017 iMac (max specs), macOS 10.14.6 with Premiere 14.3.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SCC import result in fixed timebase 29.97

When importing a scc file on a video we see that at the end of the video the key's don't match. Changing the source settings of the scc file to 25 fps doesn't change this while we would expect that this should solve the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New caption starts at play head option

When adding a new caption it would be nice to have the option to have the caption start from the play head, instead of starting at the end of the last caption, a simple button next to the plus and minus buttons would be great to toggle between the two modes. This would be a lot easier than using the stretch tools on the timeline which are so fiddly to use. Making these less fustrating to use would also be very welcome!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Report - Unmodifiable srt file style

Some srt file can't be edit in style.
    No font, no color, no size.
    A reboot of PP solve the problem.
    Attached an example of sub that do such bug.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improved Closed Captions Settings

COPY/DUPLICATE A CAPTION - It would be a lot convenient to be able to copy or duplicate a sentence or a line in a closed caption item inside of itself. This will save a lot of time when we're making a lyrics caption where chorus and some verse have the same words.

CAPTION LENGTH OPTION - Most of the captions or sentences I add in my closed captions takes a long time to be read. I wish there is a way to just change the default length of a caption when you click the add a caption button. This will…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captions: Style Presets

Importing an SRT allows for style presets, however, for captions that are created within Premiere, the same style presets can't be used.

Advice from Adobe was to export captions made in premiere as an SRT sidecar, then import them to use the preset. This seems like a long winded process, and would save so much time if it was fixed.

Additionally, copy and paste short cuts don't work on effects, in the effects control panel on caption files for some reason. Manually right clicking copy and paste do the job, but cmd+c cmd+v don't work. Just a bug I think.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Captions

I believe that captions should not be nested inside an adjustment layer.
    They should either have a dedicated track like Resolve has or simply be considered as a video track like in Avid MC.
    I also think that there should be a global setting (Font, size, positioning) that you can export and share if you have to with other editors. Unfortunately at the moment Premier has the worst captioning than all the other NLEs

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All of your tutorials need transcripts and closed captioning.

All of your tutorials need transcripts and closed captioning.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More things wrong with captions

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38080990-everything-wrong-with-captions-in-premiere-pro-13

The above link is a post detailing issues with captioning. Here are some more that I would like to add to the list:

The most egregious failing of the system is the text-editing inabilities of the Captions panel. The text box does not respect standard system keyboard shortcuts for caret navigation. All of the following standard text-editing shortcuts, that see heavy usage with document editing, do not work as expected:

• Home/End: Instead of moving the caret to the start/end of the line, it selects the first/last caption in the list.

• Up/Down: Instead of moving up/down a line, it…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base