Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Audio Edit Detection" similar to Scene Edit Detection but makes cuts where there are no audio

I have spent hours and hours cutting up videos to remove the parts with no audio. I would love a feature that could detect empty audio and make a cut for me. Maybe a pop-up would allow me to adjust how many frames on either side that I want it to cut and allow me to cut everything in the sequence or just that clip. And maybe that pop up will have an option to automatically delete the clips with the empty audio as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Erratic behavior when trying to open audio plugin windows in Premiere V15.0.0

Double clicking audio plugins in the Track Mixer does not open the plugin window for that effect. But, if I hit Save on the project, then for some reason, the window appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix Surface Control Mackie protocol

The last few versions of PPRO struggled with surface control protocols. They caused crashes a few versions back, last version actually worked, PPRO 15 doesn't work at all. Any professional editor who needs to work fast uses those, so please fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automatically switching from speaker to headphones in audio hardware

Premiere Pro: Automatically switching from speaker to headphones in audio hardware (this is unbelievable that you have not fixed)

I found 10 threads asking the same, and Macs have a workaround, how does this not exist for Windows???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Artificial waveform amplification

You can artificially increase the "volume" of an audio waveform but not actually affect its volume. This would be for editing with unprocessed low volume.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CC 2019 nested audio issues

I've got an hour and a half sequence in cc2019 (on OS X Catalina). One portion of it is a song that I had to do some audio mixing on from a few different video clips. So I nested all the clips, did some mixing/audio automation in the nest, everything routed through a submix where I added some reverb/compression (built-in fx, not 3rd party), and out to a stereo Master track. That Master track is what plays in my main sequence timeline. When I play the sequence in Premiere, everything sounds right/as expected. A-ok!
    But when I output, the audio…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Denoise effect stops working

Every time I apply the denoise effect, the next time I open the project the effect has stopped working and I need to delete and re-apply the effect. This happens whether I apply the effect to the track or to individual clips. It also happens whether using the essential sound panel, or applying it via the effects panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. names on sound files

Hello, I am editing films on Premiere Pro. I use lots of sound files and when they are dragged into the clip, no names appear on them, as names properly appear on the video files. I am loosing lots of time to figure out the sound files in the clip due to the fact they don't have names on it. Is there a way to access this feature? I did have this feature in my previous version of Premiere and got very much used to it. Thanks much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow more than one audio plugin GUI open at a time or create an audio GUI rack

If I have multiple audio plugins on a track. Every time I adjust a setting on one plugin GUI the other GUI closes. DAW Software leaves all GUIs open until they are closed. Alternately, you could have multiple GUIs open in a rack so that the rack could be opened and closed as need. This would help reduce clutter.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please port BEAT DETECTION to Premiere Pro.

Adobe Premiere Elements has beat detection. Why not Premiere Pro?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. audio bar should stay red after clipping

When an audio clip has a moment of audio clipping, the decibal monitor keeps the red squares illuminated, even when audio is no longer clipping. ideally this should not be the case, as it gives false information about the quality of the audio

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Beta for Apple M1 Mac: poor audio quality when exporting h.264 videos using the AAC codec (i.e. the standard Youtube export settings)

This is a bug report for the Adobe Premiere Pro Beta for M1 Macs. When exporting videos using the standard Youtube settings, the audio quality is very degraded. It's almost as though the sample rate got lowered to 22,000 during export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot close Modify Clip window after opening Audio Channels - BUG

After I right click on an Audio Clip and click on "Audio Channels", I have no ability to close the "Modify Clip" window that opens and must force quit out of Premiere Pro. Completely non-functional and impossible to work with.

Fix it.

Replicated on...
    Computer: Macbook Pro running 10.15.6
    Premiere: 14.9.0 (Build 52)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. rendered audio files are lost after program restart

Rendered audio files are lost after program restart, even if they have been rendered through Sequence -> render audio. Rendered audio files should behave just like rendered video files, and remain attached to the Project.

I'm using version 14.9

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio Playback Bug PP 14.9 Bulid 52

I have video files (Sony Handicam) with the same name in different folders. The second clip added to the time line plays the audio of the first. I correct this behavior by using the remove media cache files option from the preferences menu, then restarting PP and have it rebuild the cache. The problem will re-appear when I start a new project with the same conditions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch export audio track by track

I would love it if Adobe would give us the option of exporting audio stems from a timeline easily.

For instance, if I have dialogue on tracks 1-5, sfx on 6-10, and music on tracks 11-15, I would love the option to export them 1 track at a time as a WAV, AAC, AIF, saving me a ton of time in getting stems out.

I realize an AAF is generally sent, but sometimes it's better to just get someone stems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Batch export audio tracks

I would love it if Adobe would give us the option of exporting audio stems from a timeline easily.

For instance, if I have dialogue on tracks 1-5, sfx on 6-10, and music on tracks 11-15, I would love the option to export them 1 track at a time as a WAV, AAC, AIF, saving me a ton of time in getting stems out.

I realize an AAF is generally sent, but sometimes it's better to just get someone stems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Setting Audio Channels for Clips opens unclosable window

Selecting a clip to adjust the audio channells (e.g. making a mono track stereo) results in an unclosable window. You can't get back to the timeline and have to force quit Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug report: insert and overwrite not work for any audio in Mac OX

When I use the "Insert" or "Overwrite" command in any audio file (shortcut, menu or button), they just don't work, I have to do it manually, much more slower...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base