Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Filmic Pro clips (audio set to PCM/AIFF)

When recording videos with Filmic Pro with the audio setting of PCM/AIFF, Premiere does not recognise the audio of the videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track Fx Dynamics generates feedback loop when no audio is fed through it

If one plug a Dynamics Track Fx to a track where no audio is present, ie. -∞ is fed through it, it starts generating a weird feedback-like sound. Seems to be a programming bug. I'm on 12.1.0 build 186, and I plugged Dynamics on my Master track Fx rack.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. random audio layers are muted (without mute button activated) since last 04/2018 update!

I updated Adobe Premiere Pro CC yesterday (April 2018) and started a new project with 3 audio layers. The first and third layers play back the audio normally. The second layer is muted with mute button being disabled. When you click on Solo button it works but then you have to click on all Solo buttons of course. How can I solve this?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing Audio and Video with Beats and Bars or Tempo Map

Please consider including a Beats and Bars view for the timeline.

Having a tempo map to cut video to and also rearrange audio by beats and bars would be really helpful.

Either set the tempo manually with metronome (like Audition), or ability to import/export tempo tracks between Audition and Premiere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Looping Record for ADR/voiceover synchronized to picture

Recording ADR/foley/voiceover is easiest if you can record using a LOOPING RECORD to record multiple takes in a repeating rhythm so the artist can anticipate the speech cadence. WORKFLOW: editor would click IN and OUT points to define the area to punch into (record), click the "Looping Record" icon in the interface, and then record multiple takes until they get it right. In Preferences the "Postroll" would be some adjustable duration (example: two seconds) that extends the duration of each loop with a non-recorded pause between takes. There would also be a "Countdown/Preroll" setting with two choices - either one-second…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AAF/OMFs exported from Premiere 2018 regularly place audio clips out of sync

Since the 2018 update, most of the AAFs and some OMFs I import into ProTools will have delayed audio clips. Usually the clips are in relative sync, but occur several seconds later in the sequence than they should. This is a bug that used to occur before the 2017 update and largely seemed to be fixed, only to return again in 2018. Whatever you changed in 2018, it broke AAF/OMF export again.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Render & Replace Issue

There is a issue with render & replace for audio in the latest update, It will work if I send the clip to Audition but not directly on the timeline anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere but the issue persists.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speech Volume Leveling within Essential Sound Panel

Using the Essential Sound panel, an editor could select an option to "average" the decibel level of any clip labeled Dialogue, regardless of which track the clip was on.

For example, you could say "Make all clips designated Dialogue have their average volume set to -24db" which will make editing that much faster and easier.

This, along with automatically designating audio clips during ingest, would make the audio much more even when putting together a rough cut without having to go clip-by-clip in order to make the audio bearable while editing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chose your waveform to display in Multicam sequences

When nesting a multicam interview (say 4 cameras), it would be useful to be able to assign one of the audio tracks as the "Multicam Display Track". All of the audio used in a multicam sequence has a waveform/pke file generated for it so why not let the user choose one of those waveforms to view when the multicam sequence is nested within another sequence.

The current method of "rendering" the audio to acquire a waveform display is slow and takes tremendous amounts of storage for the rendered audio. Try the current method on a 40 minute interview with 4…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Designate clips as Dialogue, SFX, Music, or Ambient during ingest.

During ingest, allowing the editor to designate the audio would mean that during editing, the clips would already have the Essential Sound capabilities ready to go. This would save a lot of time when using auto-ducking and replacing one clip with another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Solo audio track/s with shortcut

Solo audio track/s with shortcut. It would be good if you could select a clip in the timeline and then using a shortcut (lets say option+S) it then solos that track. I find when editing, it helps to be able to quickly solo tracks so that you can concentrate on individual elements and then unsolo to hear the results. This shortcut could also work with more than one track

This could also work with more than one tra

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Problem with audio if files have same name

If you have video or audio files with same name inside project (this happens often with several audio recorders or gopros for example). The files are in different directories and bins in project and also in different sequences. Premiere knows the files are not the same, cause video is ok. Audio is not. It is same in both clips. Happens also with plain audio files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Batch Audio Syncing.

Merging Clips to audio one at a time is much too slow, this comes especially true if I sound files are delivered in .wav folders as opposed to polywavs and I need to subclip those together.

It would be nice to be able to make multiple different sub clips at the same time based on time code. Avid does this feature incredibly well and premiere needs to step up to the plate.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Volume Sliders

I'd love to see independent Volume Sliders/Mute buttons for both Source and Program Monitors. These would affect playback only, and have no impact on exports or previews.

Often the original media is recorded much louder than it will be used in the sequence, so if we set speaker volume for the sequence, source clips blare out. if we set for Source, Program is too quiet.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Group adjust audio levels in the bin

We've all imported 50 music cues and nearly blasted our eardrums listening because they peak so high. I'd love a way to select a group of clips in a bin and set the audio levels for all of them. (I know it's possible to do this with setting gain currently, but that's not idea for a variety of reasons)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Essential Sound

Essential sound is consistently causing my clips to become out of sync, or even just stop playing any audio altogether. Please fix! I had an entire project almost finished besides audio and now have hit a brick wall and need to redo a lot of it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. mute source audio button

A simple audio mute button on the source monitor.

It's REALLY time consuming to have to turn the volume down every time I want to scan source footage with audio. If you forget, it blares noise at you and you clients. Ever shoot in a factory or loud crowd or sporting event?

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to save audio track effect presets.

Ability to save audio track effect presets.

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audio issue

In previous versions it was possible to right click on an audio track and instantly view and / or change its gain setting. Now you have to wait a considerable time and if you try to click anything in the pop up window the window freezes or crashes. This is a serious bug that wasn't present in previous versions. Please don't keep adding new features without checking they haven't introduced bugs. An urgent fix is needed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When adding an audio effect, open effect settings

Currently, when you add an audio effect, you have to add the effect and then double click again to open the settings.

Whenever I want to add an audio effect, I ALWAYS want to make edits to the settings. Can the effect’s dialogue box just open when we initially add the effect? I hardly ever use the default audio settings of any effect.

Will

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base