Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. interchangeable copy/paste audio effects (mono, stereo and 5.1 audio)

Is it possible to create an interchangeable copy/paste option between mono, stereo and 5.1 audio clips. Now i'm doing it with a detour. Save preset and then drag it on audio clip.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assigning Audio Channels to Clips Removes All Audio

This happens with multichannel audio, with each channel in a different mono track. Sometimes when I select a clip and want to change its audio channel assignment, no channel is assigned and the audio disappears. I have to do this to the workaround of another BS premiere problem wherein you can't unmerge audio clips. I export to XML, bring into Resolve, and then export THAT to XML and back to Premiere. However Resolve changes all the audio channel assignments to channel 1. So back to premiere and I want to change a clip's channel assignment - sometimes it works, and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track FX Editor moves

Before Premiere Pro CC2017 there was no problem with the position of the Track FX Editor.

The problem is, when i put a dynamic on a track. I want to see them processing. So i place the Track FX Editor on a place where its not disturbs me. But when i switch to
    another sequence and i come back. The Track FX editor jumps to the default position.

Is there an option to fix this?

With kind regards

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Volume control of source monitor

When looking at location shots through the source monitor i can often be blasted by camera audio. This could be a big bang on set, unexpected sounds, or someone leaving a microphone on and having loud movement sounds. This also is annoying when going through stock audio that is often very compressed and very loud. I try to not touch my volume control so that my edits are all hitting the same levels and i can get a consistent output. Having a volume control on the source monitor will allow me to keep the global audio of my system set…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A quick-key / shortcut to level audio back to 0db

How about a shortcut or quick-key that enables the audio levels to reset to 0db.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio Playback does not work on my new PC. I have been chatting with audobe support but they keep giving me the same solutions, which none a

Audio Playback does not work on my new PC. I have been chatting with adobe support but they keep giving me the same solutions, which none of them work.

I bought a new PC and Installed the latest version of Adobe Premier Pro on it but cant get Audio Output on my Hardware.

I tried:
    All Kinds of Drivers,
    updating my drivers,
    asio driver,
    checking all my audio hardware settings,
    trying headphones and speakers (none work in premier)
    (audio works fine in any other application on my pc)
    I tried all kinds of audio files,
    adobe premier pro tones and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problemas com o som

Estou tendo problemas com o som, o som só aparece com meus fones.
    Sem Fones
    Se eu tirar os fones ou eu tentar editar sem fones, o programa reproduz meus vídeos, porem não tem áudio nenhum, cada vez que reproduzo o vídeos da minha timeline, aparece uma nova janela d o computador especificamente "ASIO4ALL V2,14" no canto direito do pc e eu consigo reproduzir videos e audios no computador sem fones porem o audio do premier pro não existe.

Com Fones
    Consigo reproduzir vídeos na minha timeline, porem se eu tentar reproduzir video na internet o audio aparece como "autofalante"…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FLAC support, maybe even through Dynamic Link

Seriously, support for .flac files is LONG overdue. A lot of the sound effects/music I get are in the .flac file format. Sure, I can just go into Audition and re-encode them, but given that I usually use around 10-20 new sound effects per project (and yes, that's only new files, ofc I keep everything I converted to .wav as .wav files), but that adds up to a lot of time!

Like, guys, even if you don't add "native" support into Premiere, you guys have this AWESOME tool called Dynamic Link, which I love and couldn't give up again. Make…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio Keyframes - New 2020 CC update makes adding keyframes a pain

I've never had an issue with keyframes in premiere pro timeline until the recent update around June 2020. Now when I add keyfframes, It's near impossible to just move 1 frame, and simply add another keyframe without it deleting the previous keyframe for no apparent reason.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable custom user presets for audio plugins in Premiere Pro

Enabling custom, save-able, user presets for all audio plugins within premiere (specifically within the Audio Track Mixer panel) would save me a lot of time, as I find myself using similar compression or EQ settings on multiple timelines, and having to manually re-create them each time is much more time consuming. It would ensure consistency if an editor is doing something like applying the same EQ or compressor to a VO track across multiple sequences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report: Auto ducking not generating key frames correctly

Since updating to premier pro 2020 (windows) from 2019 I have experienced the same problem at random in every project I've created.

I create simple projects with a voice over, and a music track and use the auto ducking feature as intended.

I am finding randomly half way through every project I will encounter a point where generating key frames for the background music will ignore the voiceover track. Typically this means it just doesn't duck no matter what you do.
    I have tried deleting and re-importing the media to no effect.
    It will only be one random clip or…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Bug? no audio playback - timeline open in source monitor PP 14.3.2 Mac/Win

I'm having this issue with both Mac and Windows versions of 14.3.2 - when I open a timeline in my source monitor, there is no audio playback. Switching audio hardware, disabling input etc. doesn't help - in any other place of the open project the audio is played back (program timeline or single file in source monitor).

The feature to quickly edit cut- or splice in between source/record timeline ("avid-style") as I used to to with PP 13.1.5 is thereby basically gone in this newer version.

Can anybody relate? Help?

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy audio keyframes from Clip to Track

It is surprising that it's impossible to copy audio keyframes from a clip to the track. I recently had a job where I'd added some music, then used the very good Essential Audio to add a load of ducking keyframes, which I then manually adjusted. The client then wanted to try out various other music tracks. So I thought "I'll move those keyframes from the clip to the track, then no matter what clip I drop in there, the keyframes will remain in tact". But that's just not possible. Which is plain silly.

The workflow should be :
    1. Ensure…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug with MP4 files dragged into existing sequence

When dragging an MP4 file into an existing sequence in Premiere, the video does not get added. Only the file's audio will appear. This happens no matter the file's framerate and even when the sequence / file's specs match exactly.

The only workaround is to create a new sequence from that clip, copy and paste both the video / audio back into the original sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNrwFwPwjU&feature=youtu.be

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switching between Headphones and speakers require manual setup in Windows machine. Please help!

Every time I plug in headphones or plug it out, I have to manually configure the Audio Hardware, even though all other windows programs switch automatically. It drives me crazy

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have phone service on the weekend is first of many things that I think you could improve greatly on.

After cutting on your dark board and laboring with this for countless hours, when I tried to export using H.264 on a Mac Pro (late 2013) using MacOS Sierria 2.7 Ghz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5 the Audio precede the video.

Oh yea Now I have to sign in again to post

I chatted with someone from someone on your page and After I allowed them to screen share they went away and I didn't here from them again. This software seem like abandon software.

You intervene too much when I use the product. I have reassign my computers all…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Monitor Channels solo issue

There is a bug with the Channel Monitor selection at the bottom of the Audio Meters. I am working with an 8 channel output. I have stereo pair 2 selected (channels 3&4) for monitoring. I then decide to change the sequence to be 2 output channels rather than 8. But when I do this I cant hear anything as 3&4 are still in monitoring mode, even though they no longer exist. Surely any output monitor selection should be cancelled if the output configuration changes?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio keyframe improvement - lasso multiple keyframes and option drag for horizontal adjustments only

This is a feature which has been in Avid Media Composer for a number of years.

Basically, I think the option to lasso (or shift + lasso) multiple audio keyframes on the timeline (even across different audio clips) would be a real time saver as going through and shift + clicking multiple keyframes is quite fiddly.

Secondly, as I am often trying to merely shift ups and downs in a piece of audio left or right based on alterations to the video assets, it would be great to be able to option + drag the keyframes which would lock them…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG * Ease In / Out handles act erratically when creating track automation.

Ease In / Out handles act erratically when creating Track automation.

After creating a series of key frames on the Track, I go back to check my work at the beginning of the sequence and find the easing handles on a key frame or two will be pointing straight up or down, with no explanation. I often learn of this only after I've exported and play back the exported file; there will be a section of the effected track's audio that is at full volume or mute. I have not had this happen when I automate Clip Keyframes, only when…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base