Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamics Plug-in bug

If the Dynamics plugin is enabled on an audio track, an audible "echo" or glitch can be heard between audio clips if there is track silence between them, right at the beginning when the next clip plays. It's unusable. I have to disable "Dynamics" and use the single compressor and hard limiter effects instead. Please fix ASAP!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto add 1 frame fade on sound clips

You know the situation. You cut up a sound file and all looks well until you play it back. Then you hear it. The audible click from each start and end of a clip as the sample is jumped from zero of near silence to the audio clip you want there.

The common solution? A one or two frame fade to bring that sample down so it plays nicely in the mix.

The 1-2 frame crossfade on sound clips... So many times people have asked me why I so religiously do it on all sound clips. But killing all the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Normalizing Audio in Premiere Pro is a miserable experience

I should be able to select all clips in a sequence and use the "Normalize All Peaks to" feature. But I can't. Even when I use the workaround of waiting for "Peak Amplitude" to finish calculating before clicking on any of the other UI elements, if I click "OK" after "Normalizing All Peaks to" 0dB, most clips have lost all audio and are silent. So that feature is unusable for me.

What I'm doing now is to manually select each and every clip in the sequence, and for each one I set "Normalize Max Peak to 0dB" manually. It takes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. User defined "reset parameter" value in audio preferences

Previousely, the "reset parameter" button in the effect controls panel used to set audio levels to 0db. Recently, that has been changed to +9db which is useless in the majority of cases.

I understand that this change may have been made to address the typical digital recording level of -10 to -12db, but most recordings I receive are well above that (-6db), and music tracks are always normalised to 0db, so the current reset parameter value will always result in clipping.

I suggest adding a user defined "reset parameter" value to the audio preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Audio tracks 4,5,6 will not accept audio...audio tracks 1,2,3 and 7 work fine. Why??

Audio tracks 4,5,6 will not accept audio...audio tracks 1,2,3 and 7 work fine. Why??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gaah! It is outrageous that you can't edit the channel output type of an audio track after the sequence is created! WHY oh WHY?

You should be able to change every setting as you please. If you create a mono sequence you can't change the master track to stereo. You should be able to change a tracks output channel amount after the sequence is created

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Live preview of audio keyframe edit while in playback

Live preview of keyframe edit occurs when playback is paused but doesn't occur when in playback

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The feature Avid Media Composer has and it's called auto-sequence

The feature Avid Media Composer has and it's called auto-sequence.
    In the editing software you select all your sound clip and video clip and, when you hit auto-sequence, it automatically creates sequences in which audio and video are merged and synced

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FFT filter causing the sound to stutter/cut upon render

When I add FFT filter to a sound clip it will cause the clip to get stuttery or just cut a small part of the clip upon render or export. Sounds good on playback in premiere, but when i export or do a render and replace, the clip will get affected.
    PR Version 14.0.0 (build 572)
    Mac Pro late 2013, high sierra (10.13.6)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Importing .MTS clips composed of multiple files results in redundant peak files

We use a Sony camera to record long-form content, and it breaks long clips into 2GB chunks. On import, Premiere is able to to recognize that these are all part of the same clip, and pulls them all into timelines together. However, it seems that Premiere is generating a peak file for the entire clip, for every single file, which takes hours on a well specced machine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio Meters won't show 0db clipping indicators for PCM 16bit audio whose sample rate matches sequence sample rate

1. Audio Meters panel won't show clipping (0db+) indicators for PCM 16bit files, whose sampling rate matches audio sampling rate of the sequence.
      Example: if I got a 16bit 48khz wav file in a 48khz sequence, that does have clipping beyond 0db, even far beyond with heavy distortion, audio meters still won't show clipping (red indicators), as long as sampling rate of 16bit wav file and sequence is the same.

2. If I playback a 16bit pcm (wav) file in source monitor, then signal clipping is also not shown, regardless of rate (44.1k/48k)

This only seems to apply to 16-bit pcm (wav).…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio Synchronization Issue

Just discovered a new bug in CC2020:
    - I have one Prores LT 4K file to synchronize with an H264 4K file (coming out from a GH5 4:2:0 8bit shot). When trying a right click/Synchronize/Audio), the Prores file is moved at the middle on the other file and is of course, out of sync...
    - When trying to synchronize the same shots but not in Prores LT (both H264 from GH5), it's working as usual without any trouble.
    Thanks to fix that.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BUG?] Premiere Pro does not playback audio since update to CC19

Since update to CC19 (currently on Version 13.1.4, Build 2), Premiere will not playback any audio anymore. Audiolevels show visually on screen while playing and/or scrubbing, but I hear nothing. I have triple checked the Audio Hardware settings (See Screenshot), I have tried with/without headphones plugged in, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling premiere, nothing helped. Every other adobe program works perfectly fine.

I'm running on a 2014 15" Macbook Pro and OSX Mojave (See specs screenshot)

Any help / ideas?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix the switch from macbook speakers to headphones in Premiere!! Takes a really long time to switch

Please fix the switch from macbook speakers to headphones in Premiere!! Takes a really long time to switch

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sidechain

I want to sidechain 3. party plugins

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add exclusive solo mode for audio tracks

Add exclusive solo mode for audio tracks like there is in Audition.
    Audition has a preference setting for always exclusive audio solo.
    And it has a short cut of Command Click solo for exclusive solo.
    Premiere Pro has the modifier of Shift Click that toggles the state of all solos but sadly Command-Click does nothing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore Camera Audio and create a new track

A one click option to restore ALL camera audio to all clips and then create a new track and place that sync audio there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Centre align the audio track rubber band for 0.00db [Premiere Pro 2020 bug]

Revert the visual design of the rubber band in the audio track, so that 0.00db sits vertically in the centre, as it used to be before 2020 update.

The attached screenshot shows the left clip at 0.00db and the right clip at -6.00db, however, the design language would suggest the left clip to have amplified audio. I'm not sure if this is due to new features, or a bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Normalize peaks to 0 on import

Rather than having to do this a batch at a time on the timeline, it would be great if we could set this up as a background job on import.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why? - Audio dropouts are consistently happening!!!

I have a brand new imac fully loaded with 40 gigs of ram, imac hard drive is SSD, Media Cache is located on another SSD, working files are on another SSD. Premiere is the only program running.
    As soon as I have two tracks of video playing with audio, the audio drops out within 30 seconds to a minute of playing the sequence. It's driving me NUTS! It's 1080 P video at 24fps. No effects, just straight video. What is going on here?
    I've tried in on metal and open gl, and have even reduced quality to 1/4 quality and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base