Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Animated Audio Waveform

Many other NLEs now have animated real-time audio waveforms reflecting Gain and Volume that change color as they come close to peaking.

I would love to see this added to Premiere Pro.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the "Visual Speech Editor" feature that was demo'd at Adobe Max 2014

I remembered from several years ago at Adobe Max 2014 they did a demo of an awesome feature called "Visual Speech Editor" that would basically color code the audio waveform so you could, for example, visually be able to identify repeated sentences in the video without having to scrub through it all.

I guess the feature was never added, but I think it would be extremely useful if it were added to Premiere Pro.

The demo can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvXWh-XB_hs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Premiere 13.0 (225) crash when I try sync audio tracks.

The latest version crashes when I try to sync audio. It fails with .mov and with .wav files. It worked before update. :(

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How about resoving the audio issue everyone is complaining about (for years)?

I think it is embarrassing for a company like Adobe to let an issue like the sound track not playing back when editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I will be pulling the plug on this software for my group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have the ability for Audio Track Keyframes ripple edit when removing footage.

Have the ability for Audio Track Keyframes ripple edit when removing footage. it's a real pain to have to move all the track keyframes if a complete video needs changes

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio tracks out of order when creating new sequence from clip

Hi, when using video clips with multi track audio (I create mine in Xsplit) - the order of audio tracks is different depending on whether a new sequence is made from the clip (right click, "New Sequence From Clip" or if I drag it in from the media panel.

Right now, I create a new sequence and then drag in all the clips to avoid mixing up the audio track order - but it'd be nice if this was sorted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the editor the ability to HIDE the blue bezier handles of the audio keyframes.

When you keyframe an audio clip it adds small blue bezier handles right next to the keyframe. It's very difficult to select the keyframe and not the handles! Please give the editor the CHOICE to HIDE those blue handles in the settings. This will save editors lots of time as it would prevent all the accidental selection of those bezier curves instead of the actual keyframe. Having a shortcut to HIDE/SHOW these audio bezier handles would be awesome and really helpful for those that like to finesse their audio a great deal through keyframes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG -- Proxy Audio Channel Mapping Inconsistency Between Windows and Mac

When passing projects between a Mac machine and a Windows machine, the proxy audio doesn't map correctly. I have to reattach proxies every time I move between OS's.

Just some info this is happening on 4ch clips on a project with around 5,000 clips shot on a few different cameras. Proxies created in premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AUDIO GAIN settings: PASTE and REMOVE attributes

It would be nice to include AUDIO GAIN settings to paste and remove attributes options.

Paste attributes would use the same audio gain configuration as the clip that was copied. Ex. If normalize peak to -6 was used on the source clip this would also be used on the destination clip(s).

Remove attributes would set gain back to 0.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop loud audio glitches when scrubbing timeline

This has been a problem for years for my team and I. It doesn't happen every day, and it there doesn't seem to be a definite cause. We use all sorts of different media when editing, but there does not seem to be a correlation. We use Macs, so perhaps it only an issue with Apple products.

The issue is sometimes when we scrub through the timeline, Premiere will make a VERY loud static audio glitch that scares the **** out of you, and frankly, hurts your ears. It doesn't matter how loud the audio on your computer is, the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. vocal enhancer track effect causes loud pop

I am using PrePro 2019 and when I apply a vocal enhancer effect to an audio track, a loud pop is introduced into the audio mix when there is a gap in the audio. The only way to eliminate this problem is to fill the space with silent audio clips. Please fix!
    Here is a thread on the forum where this is being discussed. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372511

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. cross-fade on audio causes glitch instead of smoothing

Just upgraded to the latest version today, and applying a short cross-fade between audio clips no longer creates a smooth transition. It's either a click or the audio repeats making it sound very strange, it is baked into the exported vide. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP. IT IS EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL
    I work for a company that puts out online video classes every week to over a million subscribers. we pay you every month for this software. we can't start putting out inferior audio all of a sudden. I see that two other people have complained about this same issue…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sense the key of music or SFX and add a match key feature, that matches the new audio's pitch/key.

I have wanted to see this fun feature added for cutting to the beat or writing music in the timeline. Would be great for music videos, trailers, commercials. Thanks for considering - Dean S.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Source Monitor Audio Zoom in or out with + or - keys

A few versions ago you could have a keyboard shortcut to zoom into or out of the audio wave forms in the Source Monitor Panel in Premiere. Now you can not. Please bring that back as it was such a time saving feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After recent update, Premiere is no longer exporting Right channel audio in MXF exports.

We have been able to consistently duplicate this issue on three of our iMacs running Premiere 13.0.1 (build 13). We are a broadcast TV station and need to export in the MXF format for our video playout servers.

We've noticed the issue when our original material has two distinctly different pieces of audio on the left and right tracks. For example, piano soundtrack on Right and Voice Over on Left.
    The clip plays in preview and in the sequence with the audio as expected (VO on Left and Piano on Right channels).
    When we export MXF OP1a/XDCAM HD 35NTSC 60i/48kHz/2…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio issue - Sound in source and timeline

Sound in source and levels in VU meter are correct - drop into timeline and need to up the level by 9-12db to get levels back up to what it should be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Loudness Normalization Export Bug

Bug: Exporting directly from sequence using Loudness Normalization effect always results in Mono output. Sending same sequence to Media Encoder queue and performing the export there (with same settings) results in correct output (stereo). Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audio Mapping Bug - Premiere Pro 2019

There appears to be a bug in Premiere Pro 2019 with Audio not mapping in the channels. I am working on a project with RED R3D file. There are 4 channels of Audio (built in Mics on RED 1&2, Lav on 3 and Shotgun on 4). I can edit and adjust audio fine, when I export it appears to only export one of the channels. In the time line if I select "Audio Channels..." I can NOT change the channel source. In another words no matter which channel I select, the original channel for the track stays the same.

I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Denoiser

This plays fine in the timeline then when exported at the beginning of each new clip has issues, looking at forums this seems to have been a problem from at least 2015

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base