Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix AAF export in Premiere 2018

AAF export is basically broken in premiere 2018.

My sound engineer either gets missing audio clips in my aaf's or the timeline will sometimes consist of 4 clips under each other that have no audio in them.

Also, fix the audio metadata issue with merged clips ;-)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiband compressor does not working when returning to closed project

When I add a multiband compressor to a track in the track mixer it works great. After I am done working on a project and close it, then reopen it at a later date to work in it again, the multiband compressor no longer works. I have to remove it from the track and then add it again to regain functionality.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: broken audio when importing MTS file on CC2018 and CC2019

When importing .MTS file (or any video that has ac3 audio) onto PPro CC 2018 or 2019, audio level is unexpectedly boosted.
    This happens on clean installed Win10 + PPro CC2018.

Detail of this problem is written in the following page.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2533005

The same problem happens on PPro CC2019.
    This problem doesn't occur on PPro CC2017 so the problem is updated codec or importer at CC2018.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bug - "Generate audio waveforms" doesn't do anything

It's a great feature, but it does nothing. What's worse is that Premiere is even more likely to show no waveforms as of CC2018.

This is particularly true for compressed formats (mp3 for example). I use mp3 a lot because that's what all the stock music websites use for watermarked previews.

Sometimes clearing all the media cache files fixes the blank waveforms, but not always. Either way, I've never clicked the Generate Waveforms button and had something happen.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make it easier to update audio peak files for individual clips

Every audio element in Premiere should have a drop down of "refresh audio" where it reads the original file and resets the peak file. Biggest frustration by far with premiere is audio that disappears or does not update with the rest of the clip.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AUDIO PRESETS

Dear Premiere imagine to watch a video with some pixels and with a Good Audio

Then imagine to watch a 4k video with a noisy disturb

Which will be the best video that human being will watch untill the end?

This is not a professional software untill the audio presets cant be saved

ill Wait this for 4 month, then ill be not your client anymore.

Amazing lack

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SUB MULTI-TRACKS (MULTI-TRACKS INSIDE MULTI-TRACKS)

You could add the awesome option of including multi-tracks inside other multi-tracks parametrically, such as After Effects does with its pre-compositions inside compositions ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AAF/OMFs exported from Premiere 2018 regularly place audio clips out of sync

Since the 2018 update, most of the AAFs and some OMFs I import into ProTools will have delayed audio clips. Usually the clips are in relative sync, but occur several seconds later in the sequence than they should. This is a bug that used to occur before the 2017 update and largely seemed to be fixed, only to return again in 2018. Whatever you changed in 2018, it broke AAF/OMF export again.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Animated Audio Waveform

Many other NLEs now have animated real-time audio waveforms reflecting Gain and Volume that change color as they come close to peaking.

I would love to see this added to Premiere Pro.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the "Visual Speech Editor" feature that was demo'd at Adobe Max 2014

I remembered from several years ago at Adobe Max 2014 they did a demo of an awesome feature called "Visual Speech Editor" that would basically color code the audio waveform so you could, for example, visually be able to identify repeated sentences in the video without having to scrub through it all.

I guess the feature was never added, but I think it would be extremely useful if it were added to Premiere Pro.

The demo can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvXWh-XB_hs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere 13.0 (225) crash when I try sync audio tracks.

The latest version crashes when I try to sync audio. It fails with .mov and with .wav files. It worked before update. :(

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about resoving the audio issue everyone is complaining about (for years)?

I think it is embarrassing for a company like Adobe to let an issue like the sound track not playing back when editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I will be pulling the plug on this software for my group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio Track Mixer - Save channel settings with all effects.

Save settings (with all effects applied) of an audio track.
    I use a couple of effecst standard. Would be very helpfull to safe presets with many effects at once.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have the ability for Audio Track Keyframes ripple edit when removing footage.

Have the ability for Audio Track Keyframes ripple edit when removing footage. it's a real pain to have to move all the track keyframes if a complete video needs changes

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio tracks out of order when creating new sequence from clip

Hi, when using video clips with multi track audio (I create mine in Xsplit) - the order of audio tracks is different depending on whether a new sequence is made from the clip (right click, "New Sequence From Clip" or if I drag it in from the media panel.

Right now, I create a new sequence and then drag in all the clips to avoid mixing up the audio track order - but it'd be nice if this was sorted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the editor the ability to HIDE the blue bezier handles of the audio keyframes.

When you keyframe an audio clip it adds small blue bezier handles right next to the keyframe. It's very difficult to select the keyframe and not the handles! Please give the editor the CHOICE to HIDE those blue handles in the settings. This will save editors lots of time as it would prevent all the accidental selection of those bezier curves instead of the actual keyframe. Having a shortcut to HIDE/SHOW these audio bezier handles would be awesome and really helpful for those that like to finesse their audio a great deal through keyframes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG -- Proxy Audio Channel Mapping Inconsistency Between Windows and Mac

When passing projects between a Mac machine and a Windows machine, the proxy audio doesn't map correctly. I have to reattach proxies every time I move between OS's.

Just some info this is happening on 4ch clips on a project with around 5,000 clips shot on a few different cameras. Proxies created in premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AUDIO GAIN settings: PASTE and REMOVE attributes

It would be nice to include AUDIO GAIN settings to paste and remove attributes options.

Paste attributes would use the same audio gain configuration as the clip that was copied. Ex. If normalize peak to -6 was used on the source clip this would also be used on the destination clip(s).

Remove attributes would set gain back to 0.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop loud audio glitches when scrubbing timeline

This has been a problem for years for my team and I. It doesn't happen every day, and it there doesn't seem to be a definite cause. We use all sorts of different media when editing, but there does not seem to be a correlation. We use Macs, so perhaps it only an issue with Apple products.

The issue is sometimes when we scrub through the timeline, Premiere will make a VERY loud static audio glitch that scares the **** out of you, and frankly, hurts your ears. It doesn't matter how loud the audio on your computer is, the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base