Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio effects: Organization by categories

The classification system of the audio effects that there is now is alphabetic.

The list is very long and it is difficult to reach an effect if you do not know in advance what you are looking for. Many of my students get lost when they have to locate effects in the audio effects folder. It's an inefficient way to select an effect.

It would be more efficient to copy the classification in Audition, since, after all, they are exactly the same.

Abel

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere Pro 5.1 audio panner is basically unusable

The 5.1 panner is a tiny square, with no way to precisely set channel balance. It's even impossible to center it; for example, the closest you can get the rear channels to center is +/-2.44 db (on my system anyway).

Then there are tiny dots that are "dials." Dials are terrible UI on a screen anyway, and these compound the offense by being only a few pixels across.

Guys, this is woeful. And easy to fix. Please address this or get rid of this sham "control" entirely. I shouldn't have to go out to Audition to simply push my already-rendered…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Computer generated voice over function

I would like to have a function that will generate a voice audio track from a text. This way I can do some editing and handle all changes from the client in an easy, cost efficient way before recording the voice actor. The feature could work like this: Paste any text into the tool that generates a sound file (like the captions function). You should be able to change gender, pitch and length as well as the ability to cut or change the timing of the sound.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio POPS at beginning of clips

I am suddenly getting audio pops at the beginning of clips which cannot be 'hidden' with any kind of transition. I have seen posts in forums going back 3 years with this issue. I have not had it before but it's disappointing it still happens and you have been made aware of it for so long. I have had to fill the preceding space with a clip that has zero gain to get rid of it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show sound metadata info in clip

Hi there // I've got .wav files with multiple channels and no sound documentation. In Premiere Pro, there is no metadata visible in the timeline clips. In Davinci Resolve, there is sound metadata information visible. It would be great if I didn't have to open another piece of software for this information to be visible.

Oddly, the inherent metadata information doesn't show up in the Metadata panel either... Again, I'm compelled to open Davinci Resolve to obtain this information. Please add to future versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix Render & Replace Issue

There is a issue with render & replace for audio in the latest update, It will work if I send the clip to Audition but not directly on the timeline anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere but the issue persists.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Звук

проблема: в наушниках не работает звук! Исправить.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. audio bug

Hello,

I have one of the new macbookpro since september 2018.

In earlier premiere versions ago, there used to be a insisting "pup pup pup pup pup" sound coming out of my speakers randomly while i was using Premiere. Also with the sound turned of on the mac.

Now I've updated to Premiere 13.1.2. It's still doing weird things but differently. When I play a clip with sound on my timeline, there is one very loud popping sound, then the speaker go silent, until I click outside of the premiere window. Then if I go back to premiere, sound works…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Solo audio track/s with shortcut

Solo audio track/s with shortcut. It would be good if you could select a clip in the timeline and then using a shortcut (lets say option+S) it then solos that track. I find when editing, it helps to be able to quickly solo tracks so that you can concentrate on individual elements and then unsolo to hear the results. This shortcut could also work with more than one track

This could also work with more than one tra

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG - The video gets desynchronized with audio by 0.011 secs after exporting in H.264 format

After exporting with Premiere or Adobe Media Encoder delay of 0.011 seconds is added to the beginning of audio track, after exporting videos using H.264 format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple audio transition lengths

Could you make it possible to have multiple standard audio transition lengths? 2 for instance :) This way, I could bind transition 1 to one key, and transition 2 to the other.

I usually use 2 frames for dialogue and 30 for music. Now I have to change to the default length in my settings constantly.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 13.1.2. (Build9) Bug Report: Poor sound reproduction (bumping sound)

13.1.2. (Build9)

Bug Report: Poor sound reproduction (bumping sound) when playing not rendered and rendered parts of sequences. Also after the export of rendered sequences in videos the sound bumps. New bug after updating from PremierePro to 13.1.2. (Build 9). Previously, this problem never occurred!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add the obsolete audio effects back

I have just upgraded to the latest version and found all of my audio presets that used old obselete effects (dynamics, eq) have been removed as the effects have been removed.

The new versions of the effects do not work in the same way and are not as easy to use. I also had issues where by any file created in the new version did not author to a bluray disc in encore correctly. I have now rolled back to the previous version and all is well again, however it means I can now never update premiere. Please put the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow audio tracks to be moved up and down in the Timeline

Please can you include the ability to move audio tracks up and down on the timeline. I use PluralEyes to sync multicam sequences and when imported into Premiere it doesn't recreate the order that I arranged them in PE. It would be very helpful with multiple audio sources. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow the use of an external sound card when doing voice over in Premiere Pro.

Allow the use of an external sound card when doing voice over in Premiere Pro. It worked before (in 2017), why not again?
    Recording and exporting from Audition just creates extra work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premier Audio export to Audition Bug

I'm trying to edit the audio from my Sony PXW-Z150. It's 4k video with 4 channels of audio in a .mxf file. It opens just fine in Premiere, but when I try to open the file in Audition there is simply no audio. The tracks are all there, but no audio is present. I have searched forums and found 1 post from 3 years ago dealing with this exact issue, but it was supposedly resolved with an Audition update at that time. I have tried copying the file and placing it in a new sequence but when I export to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AAF exports not working in v. 2018

AAFs that are exported in 2018 do not work when imported into Pro Tools. To fix this I have to downgrade the PP project to 2017 and then export from there. Please fix.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio plugin doesnt' work!!!

After the last update the audio plugin window did not appear (where i select audio effect for add it in my workstation). I installed Premiere again but the window still doesn't appear. What should i do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio bug fix

I've been using version 12.1.1 which allows instant changes to the audio gain. I've just updated to 13.0.2. When I right click on an audio track and try to change the gain, the system has to re-calculate the peak audio before it allows me to click OK. This can take a very long time as my video clips are often longer than an hour, so the time needed to make a simple change to audio gain is ridiculous. What is even more annoying is that when I save and re-open the project, if I want to change the gain again,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. audio keyframes bezier preset

Make BEZIER the preset choice for keyframes when editing audio clips in the timeline. Nobody wants linear for audio

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base