Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Defect: Modify Audio Channels of 4 channel clip to 2 channels, all 4 show up in sequence

See attached video.

Select merged clip with 4 channels
    Select clip in Project bin and modify audio channels
    Make all mono if not already
    Deselect 2 of the channels by unchecking them
    Click OK.
    View audio of clip in Source Monitor (shows only 2 channels, as expected)
    Drag clip into empty timeline to create sequence.
    All 4 channels are present.

Original post in forums:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/confirm-bug-modify-audio-channels/m-p/12854395#M403351

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Exported videos have random audio tracks dropping in and out

Premiere 2022, Win10 Latest Updates, Latest NVIDIA Studio Driver, RTX 3090.

When rendering out a file in HEVC with Hardware Encoding, the resulting file often has audio randomly missing. Re-encoding sometimes fix this issue, or sometimes the audio is just missing in a different section. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Not using any third party plugins. Audio tracks have de-noise, Stereo Expander, and Multiband Compressor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Record Voiceover [Keyboard Shortcut] does not respect the "Voiceover Record Settings" "Preroll" length

When assigning a keyboard shortcut to "Record Voiceover" and then triggering the shortcut, the "Preroll" setting from the "Voice-over Record Settings" is not respected. It does however work when clicking the "Voice-over record" button on the track.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 360 Video Spatial Audio Export (4.0 mono missing - bug FIX - PP2021 v15.4.1)

Premiere Pro 2021/2022 do not export 4.0 channel mono audio! Apparently a bug as of 2019 version? When I edit Ricoh Theta V converted video (for Spatial Audio editing) and import that into PP2021, I see the 4 (in 1 track) of audio, but when I go to export, PP2021/2022 only export a single mono audio channel, there is no option to select 4.0 audio as in previous versions? I understand this used to work, that you had the option to select 4.0 mono channels for export, but that option button is not in PP 2021/2022 versions!?

SO PLEASE PUT…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option to maintain audio pitch for clip speed changes

We need a "maintain audio pitch by default" in Preferences to make all speed changes of clips with audio pitch maintained. I do alot of speed changes during video editing and every time I do so I have to go into "Speed\Duration" menu and set this option manually, everytime. This is way too inconvenient and timeconsuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Time Tuner audio cut off when exporting from populated sequence

I have four :30 promos on a sequence. There are six Mono Tracks with Video and Titles. I want to take the fourth spot on the timeline and speed it up from :51 to :45. I mark In and Out, Ctl-M for Export, Select the Time Tuner and set the duration to :45 (which by the way always has to be manually typed in). After export, the video is perfect but the audio cuts out half way through the spot. Silence.

The workaround was to duplicate the sequence. Remove everything I did not want Time Tuned and bring the spot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. persistent issue with subframe audio adjustments

why would you allow people to adjust audio a subframe amount if it gets undone whenever you move those clips again?? it makes no sense! fix this please - it's made your software essentially unusable for editing this feature film. seriously considering switching to davinci next time if this doesn't get resolved--which is sad because this is such a tiny issue that hasn't been addressed even though lots of folks have posted about it!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/subframe-audio-adjustments-are-undone-when-clips-are-moved/td-p/10902428

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. track level Essential sound panel settings

A lot of the time, the quick settings in the essential sound panel get the job done. I’d love to be able to apply this on a track level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ducking settings are not being exported or saved

After applying Premiere Pro's ducking settings in Essential Sound (generating key frames), the sequence plays correctly, but the exported file (mp4) does not retain those settings. Then, when I reopen the program in Premiere Pro, no ducking settings are applied. When I use the pen tool to create manual ducking settings, it works fine. It seems that something is happening during the render processes that happen when exporting. An interesting note is this only happens in certain places in the sequence and not in others. Any ideas why is this happening and what I can do about it? This is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug Report: Audio Looping Error

Whenever I loop over the audio of my video, it doesn't exactly play it correctly. The following video provides a more detailed example of what I am experiencing with the audio. I also want to point out that I am using the parametric equalizer and De Reverb while playing this, so I am not sure if that is what is affecting it. If this is a bug, please fix. Thank you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmPpE0_lF08

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a way to lower the volume or completely mute the audio of the source monitor window. So many people are asking for it.

Like everyone else is saying. Its annoying being blasted with audio when reviewing footage. Sometimes you want to pick selects while listening to music for example. I am reviewing footage from a train which is loud. Currently the only workaround is to select your clips and reduce the volume to -40. This is annoying. Would be so much better to have source audio mapped to a keyboard short cut and toggle it on when I need to hear the audio... There are at least 4 other requests for the same feature (one has 69 votes)! Les' go Adobe, show us…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. synch

Synching Process is very very slow on a simple 2 clip multicam interview. It should not check the full file, just part of it. Meanwhile I canot use Premiere and sometimes have to wait minutes before I can continue working on something else. Sometimes, I synch manually by waveforms because that is quicker. Maybe there should be a quick sync vs deep synch option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sync

Multicam sync is great but very slow. It should not not check the full clip, just part of it. (maybe have a "deep sync" setting if needed). For 2 simple multicam clips which is about 10 minutes long and almost perfectly placed under the other, it takes several minutes to go through on the syncing process. And I cannot do anything meanwhile. Must wait. That is why sometimes it is better to manuallty sync by audio wave forms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multicam audio stops working after creating edit point

Audio tracks within Multicam clips stop working seemingly at random when adding an edit point (for playback after that edit point). If you remove the edit point, the track begins to work again. This doesn't occur at every edit point, but once it starts that's it. The audio doesn't register on the meters but it is still there if you export the clip and play it back, so it's a preview/playback error of some sort.

Have tried resetting preferences, clearing cache, duplicating timelines - no luck.

This is on the latest Premiere Pro, verified on multiple Mac computers - new…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some track effects don't copy properly when using copy/paste in the audio track mixer.

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with the copy/paste features in the audio track mixer. When copying certain effects, everything copies fine and looks as though it pastes fine, but when I click play on the video it will erase the settings that have been pasted over.

This is mostly happening with compressor settings and it happens every time I try to paste a compressor across multiple sequences or tracks for dialogue.

a fix for this would be greatly appreciated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pre-roll countdown indicator doesn't display in vertical aspect ratios.

When recording voiceover, the pre-roll countdown indicator doesn't display if the sequence is 9x16 or narrower: if the zoom level is set below 50% or to 'fit'.
    Setting the zoom level higher, causes the indicator to reappear.
    Resizing the Program monitor panel can also intermittently cause it to reappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make an option to create an Adjustment Layer available for Audio.

Why isn't the Adjustment Layer available for Audio?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add checkbox for time remapping, AUDIO FOLLOW/MATCH SPEED RAMP

THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION TO GET THE AUDIO OF A CLIP TO FOLLOW/MATCH THE SPEED CHANGES OF A CLIP! This is VERY important for editing extreme sports. FCP has this function and I know a lot of people that sticks to Final Cut just because of this one lack of a feature in Adobe!!

It would have to be located in the Effect Controls panel/Video/Time Remapping, and be designed as two checkboxes:

1. AUDIO FOLLOW/MATCH SPEED RAMP
    2. MAINTAIN AUDIO PITCH
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dedicated panel for syncing audio, and audio metadata appearing as track names in the timeline and source monitor.

I'm a DIT and Editor, in my DIT work I use Pomfort Silverstack. Silverstack has an incredible audio sync workflow that is really intelligent. It can automatically detect audio that matches video via TC and waveform, and sync it. Once synced, the external audio remains married to the video, so when you key up the video for playback, the external audio comes with it, and Pomfort mutes and hides the embedded audio automatically. It's almost like merged clips, but still works with external DAWs via OMF/AAF. Additionally, Silverstack displays the metadata track name from the mixer on the timeline, so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show/adjust clip gain in timeline (like Audition)

Clip gain adjustment (G) is easiest to adjust with keyboard + shows adjustment in waveform but it's not always clear where gain has been adjusted.

In Audition (and Avid) the clip gain can be seen in dB in the timeline + adjusted there too with a virtual slider.

Be great to have that in PP too.

For clarity I'm talking clip gain, rather than clip or track mixer gain/volume/envelopes/keyframes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base