Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatisation of Audio Keyframes with a Control Surface

It would be essential, that Premiere can write/touch/latch keyframes if we play the timeline reverse - now, PP write it wrong

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Audio Playback in Sequence Timeline is glitchy

When playing back edited footage and music tracks in the sequence timeline, the audio is extremely glitchy and cuts in and out. This is making doing any edits to the audio almost impossible.

Audio playback in the source monitor is playing back fine.

I'm running the latest version of Premiere (Version 15.2.0 Build 35) and am running a brand new M1 chip MacBook Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. normalize the gain by transcription identified speakers

I would like each speaker voice group to be used for audio gain normalization.

Explanation:

In the Zoom meeting I edited there were multiple participants whose microphones were all at different levels. After using the Speech to Text in the beta it identified each speaker voice by number.

I had to visually look at the audio waveform and search for differences to identify each speaker. Then I cut with the Razer Tool around each voice and normalized the gain after selecting each segment.

But since the speech to text recognition identifies each source, perhaps those groups of speakers could also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export is ruining project

I have a rather complex timeline running (several multicam clips with up to 16 audio tracks) and when I export it with media encoder it ruins the timeline! The audio is no longer synched to the multicam since I already edited the best audio takes together and used all 16 tracks (this will go to an audio postproducer next). The exported video has weird audio errors, playing music from a different scene etc. Then when I go back into the project this is what it looks like: The audio has completely run amok. Most of the audio clips have completely…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable adding custom made sound effects presets in audio track mixer.

Currently there is no way to add my own sound presets to an audio track in the audio track mixer. You can only apply the sound effects that ship with premiere pro. For instance, i have created my own sound presets in the presets folder but can only apply them to audio clips and not audio tracks. To do that i would have to go to audition. Perhaps an option in the audio track mixer for one to add their own sound effects presets would good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Synchronize: Don't Move Track 1 (or designate master track)

When doing waveform sync, Premiere Pro should never move Track 1 or the designated master track. Because Premiere Pro cannot synchronize multiple clips at different time intervals, I have to synchronize groups of parallel clips. It is very frustrating if I do the first set, and then Premiere Pro moves the master when doing the second set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 15.0 Bug: Scrubbing Skips Hard Limiter

When a Hard Limiter is applied in the effects rack, the output gain is limited during playback (as it should be) but the gain defaults back to the unlimited "clip gain" while scrubbing. The result is getting deafened whenever scrubbing.

This never happened before the 15.0 update. Since there were updates made to the audio effects rack, this might be a bug.

Mac OS 10.15.7

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clip Volume Keyframes can't be saved as a Preset

For the longest time, I was using a hand full of presets with Volume Keyframes for certain predefined and scaling fades I use often.

Now with version 15.0 of PP 2021 this got broken. Now my preset does not work any more. The preset also includes a video effect which applies fine. It's just the Volume that does not work; a few details:

1) The video Effect saved in the preset still works.
    2) I tried recreating the preset in version 15.0 2021 and it still does not work.
    3) The Clip Volume has keyframes which are not saved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ajuste de altura do som na busca nos arquivos (aba Projetos)

Quando se está editando na timeline, geralmente o som já está sendo ajustado e as vezes ele está em uma altura agradável, porém se no mesmo instante formos buscar na aba PROJETOS os arquivos brutos, geralmente temos que baixar o volume do fone para não levar um susto com a diferença de altura do áudio dos arquivos brutos. Portanto, se tivesse um fader quer pudéssemos recorrer para baixar o volume antes de escutar os volumes do brutos, seria ótimo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically switching from speaker to headphones in audio hardware

Premiere Pro: Automatically switching from speaker to headphones in audio hardware (this is unbelievable that you have not fixed)

I found 10 threads asking the same, and Macs have a workaround, how does this not exist for Windows???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Put audio effects on adjustment layer

Would be great if audio effects could be put on an adjustment layer in the same way that video effects can be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multi-Camera Audio Bug

In recent updates of Adobe Premiere, the audio of my multi-camera clip starts to become inaudible, the farther I am in the sequence. The waveforms are there, but the audio just stops working. It also does not show on the meter.

This link is a video demonstrating the issue. It is set to unlisted.
    https://youtu.be/uCA_1u91TL0

The only work-around I have been able to do is to revert Premiere back to version 14.2.

I'm using MacOS 10.15.7 on a 16in MBP

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. reporting a bug - premiere pro audio

I upgraded to adobe premier pro 15.2 and since than the Audio Hardware does NOT recognise headphones automatically, while all the other applications on my computer do detect automatically if there are headphones.
    Same issue with the after effect last version.
    I have windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Essential Sound Ducking is Sketchy

Whenever I use the 'duck music to dialogue' option, it puts some keyframes in the correct place, but more often than not it creates random dips and peaks that bear no relation to the dialogue.
    It's very frustrating to have to go in and delete bad key frames.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Updating my Premiere Pro software has resulted in audio channels in older project files being switched from left to right, and vice versa.

Please suggest a fix that doesn't involve me spending a thousand hours fiddling about with the audio channel selections in current projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IDEA FOR VST: one central place to tell ALL ADOBE PROGRAMS where to look for 3rd party VST plugins

It would be great if there was ONE CENTRAL PLACE to fill in the directories where to look for VST plugins for ALL ADOBE PROGRAMS that use the VST plugins.
    Now we have to fill that in Premiere / Audition / After effects... and worst of all: Media Encoder DOES NOT RENDER 3rd party vst plugins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit Clip in Adobe Audition in Win 10 Produces Nasty Snippy Hiss At The End of Clips

Try it. Right click and choose Edit Clip in Adobe Audition, make some changes, save them, and go back in and listen to what that sounds like in Audition now. Listen to the very end of the file. (Don't listen on headphones. It's very unpleasant.) I encountered the same problem on my old Win 7 machine too, so I doubt it's just my system. Not talking about the little pop between tracks as they swap. I'm talking about a very noticeable and dangerously high-pitched squeal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi i get the massage, audio setup issue the previous audio device configuration is no longer available. What to do

Hi i get the massage, audio setup issue the previous audio device configuration is no longer available. What to do

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Audio output have an option to automatically switch with the system default.

Sometimes while working on a project I switch from speakers to headphones or vice-versa. Premiere not only keeps the output device the same as it was before the switch, but it bugs out to where you have to select the OPPOSITE device as the output in order to trick it into playing the audio out through the correct source. Make an option for it to automatically detect the audio output device being used within windows so that it just switches with the system. Or at the very least, make it so that I don't have to trick it into working…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Loudness radar unreadable

With the newest update of premiere, the loudness radar has unreadable characters. Please fix as this is an integral part of workflow for my company. Working on 2019 Mac book pro 16" with premiere 15.0.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base