Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make it possible to set audio preferences to always bring in clips with MONO DISCREET TRACKS so I don't have to modify my clips.

Clips always come in with stereo tracks. So, I have to try to remember to modify before making Multicam clips and/or editing into timeline. And, I often forget. And didn't we use to be able to set this preference. Now the only option involves 5.1 Surround.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allocate a bin for voiceover recordings

When recording a voiceover, the media link is saved in the generic project window. It would be great if I could allocate a bin before recording rather than manually move the links after

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Audio Crossfade Type In The Sequence

REQUEST: By right clicking on an audio fade in the sequence, you can change it from Constant Gain, Constant Power, or Exponential fade.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix Drop Frame Time Code bug when sending to Audition

When working with Drop Frame content upon sending a clip in the timeline to Audition the time code is switched to Non Drop Frame, throwing the time code out of sync with the original material and requiring a manual reset of time code in clip properties. This jas been going on for years and it's well past time to fix it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG HUGE!!version pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!!

BUG HUGE!! versions pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!! Are you gonna fix this? 13.1.2 is fine but you screwed it up after that. It is 100% unusable to me at this point

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timeline Audio - Define Clips, Timeline, Hardware, Not Tracks

A more coherent approach should be taken to source channels, timelines, and monitoring.

In short, there's no reason that audio tracks in Premiere Pro should have a "track type" assigned to them (mono, stereo, multi-channel).

Any clip (mono, stereo, multi-channel) should be able to be put in an audio track.

There are three issues which need to be addressed:
    1 - How channels are assigned within each source clip (ie. is it a mono channel, 2 channels as a stereo pair, or multiple channels as a 5.1 set-up, or any combination of the above)
    2 - The number of channels…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Audio Effects - Re-Order & Copy and Paste

I have two issues in my current project that I am noticing. I am working in Premiere Pro 2019.

First, I am trying to copy and paste a Multi-Band Compressor and DeReverb audio effect to multiple clips. When I right click, copy and paste the effects, the effect "pastes" but it resets, and does not retain the pre-applied settings. This is extremely frustrating and a huge time waster to have to check and manually fix.

Second, if I copy and paste with keyboard hotkeys, the pre-applied settings of the audio effects are retained, BUT the order in which the settings…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ducking

Ducking is not working. No keyframe generate. neede double click on "Keyframe Generte" Button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Computer speakers make noise when Premiere Pro 2020 is running on Mac

When running PremierePro2020 on a Mac, the computer speakers will make noise. This kind of noise is similar to the noise at the bottom of the current. It is not very sharp and needs to be heard in a quiet environment, or you can hear it by placing your ear near the computer's speaker. When you click the Finder icon in the Dock, the noise disappears. When you click the PremierePro icon again, the noise appears again when you switch back. My computer is a MacBookPro 16-inch and the system is macOS 10.15.2, 10.15.3. In addition, I also found that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Pitch Shifter Effect

Pitch shifter effect does not save settings properly, this has been replicated: https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/ee6jli/imnewtopremiereandmypitchshiftersettings/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Source material should ***** to timeline track selection not vice-versa

It is mind boggling that Premiere is set up this way compared to every editing system going back to Sony tape to tape editors. If I'm working on a sequence that has x amount of audio tracks and I load a clip that has 8, 16 or more tracks I shouldn't have to go make sure all the ones I don't want are shut off especially if my audio in my sequence is locked and I'm just sourcing video clips. Also, to make it worse, PP automatically adds audio tracks I don 't want based on source material. It's completely…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove vocals from music

A common challenge when creating an audio mix is in making sure the music doesn't dominate the vocals you need to hear.
    How about adding a phase inversion option for music clips in Premiere Pro, that removes the centre of the mix, in the same way that karaoke soundtracks can be created in Audition.
    If this were a checkbox in the ESP, it would make it easy for creatives to add music as a background and keep the level relatively high while still maintaining foreground audio.
    Thanks!
    Maxim

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A "multi-cam" like feature for audio in which you can toggle between vocal and instrumental versions of the same cue.

When cutting promos, I frequently use vocal and instrumental versions of the same cue. In the middle of editing, when I want to switch from the vocal version to the instrumental one, I have to 'match frame', then copy the timecode, then open the instrumental track in the Source Window, then paste the timecode, then cut in the cue.

All this would be avoided if there was a "multi-cam" like feature for audio, where you can align tracks of audio in a nested sequence and choose which one is active.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MAKE THE AUDIO SYNC WITH TIME REMAPPING!!!

When I speed ramp a clip the audio should sync with it! Just as it does in speed duration. Common man make it easy on us

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Proxy Audio Issue

I shot a short using two Rode Link Lavs running into a two channel BeachTech XLR adapter into the audio in on a GH4.

In Post inside premiere I changed the audio from Stereo to two mono channels giving individual audio per mic.

THEN I created proxy files as I shot in 4k BUT the two channel audio selection does NOT make the conversion to proxy... one channel is normal volume and the other channel is buried - hardly audible when in Proxy mode.

Turn proxy mode off and the audio levels are fine - turn it back - audio…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the audio dropping out during playback

Every time I playback a clip with audio, it'll play for a few seconds and then the audio will just drop out. No levels no nothing. Computer is a brand new Ryzen 9 with 1080TI GPU 32 GB of RAM. Plays back the video with ease. No way this is a hardware issue and it seems as though people have been having this problem for years and there's no fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clipping / Audio Error on all Dynamics / Limiter plugins

I posted before, but I've discovered that there is a serious bug in all Audio Track Mixer LIMITER plugins. When you place two audio clips separated by silence on a track that has an audio limiter plugin enabled on it, there is a clipping sound that is audible when the second clip plays, even if you put a crossfade on it. This does not occur with the obsolete Dynamics plugin. Please fix this adobe. It's bad!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG - PPro 2020 14.0.1 - Stereo audio channels are flipped

I have recorded some clips with stereo audio. Left channel was using a lav mic, and right channel was from the camera mic. When I play back, the audio meters show levels in the correct channel (left channel is much louder than right). The waveform in the track show the left channel being much louder. But, the audio is flipped between my speakers when playing back.

I verified through Windows 10 audio settings that my speakers are connected correctly. When I play back the files in VLC, the audio is correct. The files are H.264 MP4 files. I originally recorded…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Possible bug

I hope someone can give me some answers because I'm absolutely baffled by this problem. After exporting a short film, certain parts of the sound dip in and out. The thing is, sometimes the film plays perfectly fine, with no sound dipping in and out, but other times the problem returns. My first thought was it was a problem with my laptop or the headphones I'm using but why then does it only affect this one film and why does the sound dip in and out in the exact same places when the problem occurs? I never have any other…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dynamics Plug-in bug

If the Dynamics plugin is enabled on an audio track, an audible "echo" or glitch can be heard between audio clips if there is track silence between them, right at the beginning when the next clip plays. It's unusable. I have to disable "Dynamics" and use the single compressor and hard limiter effects instead. Please fix ASAP!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base