Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeline Single Waveform for L/R Mono

I record tutorials to post on YouTube using one cheap headset mic. So, there is no sense in wasting precious screen space on 2 identical waveforms for my audio. Every video I make (for the time being) will be mono needing to be heard on both left and right channels. So, I'd like to have my mono L/R audio show as one waveform on the timeline.

Image "borrowed" from this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-to-set-to-display-one-waveform-instead-of-two/m-p/11228132?page=1#M278409

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. we need a feature that can nest multiple audio track

when we try to nest multiple videos above each other the program make a duplication for the audios, one inside the nest and one out of the nest.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio effects not applied on export

I am using 14.7.0 Build 23 of Premiere Pro and I'm having issues with audio effects not being applied to the rendered output. Specifically "DeHummer"
    I have noticed plenty of posts from previous versions. I'm on the latest here in December of 2020, and it is still happening. No matter where I put the effect, either in the track effects or on the clip itself, it will not be included on the exported file. I can't even "Render Audio" before exporting and have it work. So, what good is the effect? Can this be fixed? PLEASE? Pretty PLEASE?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please put track locks on audio track mixer

I run with plug-ins for dynamics & loudness radar on the master track. I like to keep this track locked so I don’t inadvertently adjust the master level (I never want to adjust that).

Only place I see to lock/unlock is the timeline, but if I want to see the plug-in panels I have to dance between timeline to lock/unlock and the audio track mixer to view.

Be very useful if the lock could be on the track mixer too

Would also be useful to be able to hide the submix & master tracks in the timeline.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 192 khz sequence support

I may have noticed a problem in the interaction between Premiere Pro and Audition.
    I have a Forusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface which I have set to maximal recording sampling rate (192khz @ 24 bit) and recorded my audio at, using Bandicam. Then creating a new sequence the maximal sample rate that Premiere can work with, seems to be 96 khz. This isn't a problem in itself, since Premiere Pro apparently does a downscaling from the 192 khz audio to 96 khz behind the scene.

The problem arises and gets very apparent when I send the audio to Audition for further…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio input menu on work spaces bar

Every time I open Premiere I need to access preferences and select Audio Hardware and dropdown input>headphones.

I think that it would be much more comfortable to have this drop down input selection on the main edit window, such as next to the Home icon on the Work Spaces Bar. (see mock up image attached).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drag groups of multi-track audio files down onto the timeline as a stack rather than as a line one after the other

I quite often work on projects where an external audio recorder is used with a timecode sync to the camera. The multi-track recorder generates 4 split mono tracks assigned to different mics that all start and end with the same timecode generated by the camera.

It would be great to be be able to drag these 4 audio files down onto the timeline as a collection with a modifyer key or function that tells them them to form a stack where the files line up all the with the same start time on the timeline and each beneath the other…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multi-Cam sequence only plays audio from Left Channel.

When creating a Multi-Camera Source Sequence and then the subsequent Sequence from Clip (we'll call it "target sequence") ..both the source sequence and the target sequence audio only plays from the Left Channel.

To fix it I had to do the following in my case:

1. Create a new "bin" (i.e. folder) and place/copy the video files/clips to that folder.

2. Right click on the folder and select "Create new multi-camer source sequence ..."

3. In the create sequence box that pops up - select your settings (I chose the synchronize point to be Audio and Track Channel 1; Sequence Preset: Automatic; Offset…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Volume track automation should round to whole numbers

It is immensely frustrating that Premiere's volume track controls don't seem to scale at a fixed vaule.

When creating audio keyframes in volume tracks or submix tracks, dragging the keyframes up or down for more or less gain seems to jump at weird incremental values instead of just going from 10.1 to 11.

Case in point, right now if i drag it down it goes from 0, -0.4, -0.7, -1

It seems if I make the track larger vertically then more increments suddenly become available. But surely the program should just roll through all available increments before hitting a round…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multitap Delay has 2 level 4s

The multitap delay controls have no level 3, but two level 4s. Makes it a bit confusing to set things up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default Audio Output does not switch with System

When changing the default audio output within Windows 10 (say from speakers to headphones) while Premiere is open, Premiere switches to a different output than selected and can never be switched back until the application is closed and restarted. Once restarted, the audio output works, but the devices shows up twice in the audio settings, both say (not working), even though they do (see attached image). Note that I only have two audio outputs, even if Premiere is showing three.

Also, Premiere should follow whatever the default output is set to at on startup, or have an option to do…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Waveform issues in nested sequences

Let's nets a bunch of videos and render the audio to be able to see it on this new element.
    Now if you cut the nested sequence, the waveform will change as if it had temporably moved. So while listenning to the sequence, the waveform at the right side of the cut doesn't match the sound at all.
    Please note that this issue has been found in older versions even on different machines.

You will see the before-after in enclosure.
    (Premiere Pro CC v.14.3.1 Build 45)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give us the option for Premiere to obey the computer's audio output.

Why on earth is there no option for Premiere to follow the computer's audio output. Every other application does this, but for some reason, I have to go into Premiere's settings and change the audio out, EVERY TIME I plug or unplug headphones to the PC.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No sound output From premiere 2020

There is no Audio ouput from 14.03 and 14.04... my 2019 and 2018 works fine... i tried every possile audio devices. my asio sound card in both MME and asio nothing ouputs, i have made shure the sampling rates matched the channels are properly routed L to 1, R to 2 .. i can see the audio modulating in the tracks.. i have tried multpiple different .wav tracks... i can even input my microphone no problem. then when i do the SAME configs exactly in 2018 and 2019.. sounds outputs fine.. i also tried 2020 with my onboard speakers... tried…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [BUG] Audio transitions sound like static (ver 14.5)

I use a 2-frame audio transition (usually Constant Power) to smooth out my audio between cuts. Lately no matter which transition I use, audio static (buzzing) is introduced.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audition Remix Added to Premiere Pro

I use the Remix feature in Audition nearly every day, causing me to make the roundtrip from PPro to Audition and back. It's time-consuming. Additionally, if I install the PPro public beta, it breaks the dynamic link to Audition, causing me to have to uninstall PPro, Audition and the beta, then reinstall PPro and Audition to restore the link. If Remix was added to PPro, it would solve both of these problems.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reaper VST plugin bug

Whenever I use the Reaper VST plugin reaeq and add a new channel/band, Premiere Pro will crash. This is quite detrimental to my use of PP, since I consequently use the Reaper plugins for all my audio editing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Surround 5.1 Bug Report

When editing audio in surround 5.1, the center channels doesn't stay locked, the release themselves when I reopen the project.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide/deactivate audiometer

It would be helpful to be able to hide the audiometer. Somehow it shows up under the windows-tab, but you can't deactivate the audiometer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base