Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report - Audio 'Interference' Noise When PP runs

Since Updating Premiere Pro to latest build (14.1.0 Build 116) I am experiencing an audio issue.

Once Premiere Pro runs, all audio playback has an occasional stutter/bumb (similar sounding to the noise you used to get when a mobile phone is too near a speaker).

Is does not occur on my system before Premiere runs but persists after Premiere closes, and only clears after a system restart. After restarting, playback is normal in multiple programs (iTunes, Chrome, VLC) and only starts again once Premiere starts.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add .opus audio codec support for decoding and encoding

Add Opus Audio support. It has great audio quality at low bitrates and is widely used.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default Audio Output does not switch with System

When changing the default audio output within Windows 10 (say from speakers to headphones) while Premiere is open, Premiere switches to a different output than selected and can never be switched back until the application is closed and restarted. Once restarted, the audio output works, but the devices shows up twice in the audio settings, both say (not working), even though they do (see attached image). Note that I only have two audio outputs, even if Premiere is showing three.

Also, Premiere should follow whatever the default output is set to at on startup, or have an option to do…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adding audio compression across all clips STOPS Premiere Pro

Premiere is grinding to a halt once I add Multiband Processor (Broadcast) to all my clips in the timeline.

If I want to re-edit that video, I have to remove the Multiband Compression.

Both HD and 4K renders.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio Bugs in Premiere 2020

There is no audio playback within Premier. After resetting the playback settings and using the Adobe Desktop Audio, the sound was back. New project and it's back to no sound whatsoever. Doesn't matter what I change, I cannot get audio inside of premier to play. All other Audio works. WHY DO THE"Y HAVE TO CALL IT ADOBE DESKTOP AUDIO?????? Just use the System Audio!

When audio is working, the audio is completely out of sync from the video file. Video and waveform lines up correctly and is NOT seperated, but video plays back way waster than the audio.

Da Vinci…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please fix this problem: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/disable-auto-keyframing-in-track-effects/td-p/9006355?page=1#sa_src=web

If you edit an audio clip in premiere and loop it in the effect control window, keyframes are automatically set on the eq as soon as the values ​​are changed and you can't turn it off.
    Parametric EQ can be used to locate and eliminate interfering frequencies while the sound is playing. You change the settings in the loop until you have found the right setting. However, if hundreds of keyframes are generated, it won't work.
    The problem occurs with the parametric eq in premiere, but also with all other EQs, even with third-party plugins.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorrect waveform for file

Hello! I alredy written to Adobe Support Community forum but I haven't any reply. Can you help me please?

I have two files. First file (1-original.mp4) is original file, the second (1-ffmpeg-remuxed.mp4) is processed throught special utility.

I open this files in Premiere. But in the different Premiere versions I see different waveform for the same file.

In the Premiere 13.1.4 build 2, I see strange shift in the begin of the file (First.png)

But in the Premiere 14.0.4 build 18, I see good waveform (Second.png)

Why Premiere Pro 13 has strange shift in the begin of the file? Where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display Audio Track Metadata

We use a Sound Devices scorpio recorder to record audio. And we name the track according to the mic or person. Now when we import the audio file into Premiere pro, it doesnt show this track name from the metadate, Instead it shows Ch 1, Ch2 etc or A1 A2 A3.

Due to the absence of this feature, we are not able to do our edit in PP, and our edit work is stuck.

it will be really helpful if this feature is included in the next update

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There is no sound in Premiere Pro.

I can't get any sound anywhere in premiere pro. There is no problem in the settings in the audio tab in the properties section. But still my problem has not been solved.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No audio after update

I have updated to version 14.2 since then I have no audio no matter which interface I use. I can see the audio signal in the meters but can not get any audio what so ever out of premier .I have checked all the sound settings and tested all the interfaces all hardware is fine. it works fine in other applications just not premier fine in auditon. I am on mac os catalina

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Pro V14.3 plays the audio track, but cannot hear

The operating system (w10 home), correctly updated. The sound card (Realtek High Definition Audio) correctly installed. The graphics card (GTX 1060) correctly installed.
    The operating system correctly plays the native audio clips. Other programs play audio / video tracks smoothly (Audition).
    The only program that is unable to output sound is Premiere Pro V14.3. IN PREMIERE I AM DEAF. The software plays the clips (bars and tone) without problem, the level meter moves correctly. The program can export the clip successfully. The exported clip can be played from windows media player WMP, or VLC, it can be heard correctly.

Note:…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Essential Audio Adjustments - works once, then plays without the adjustments

I am adding repair elements to a clip. 1st time it plays the adjustments are heard, after that first playback - they are gone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Start VoiceOver-Recording at the preroll point

It would be helpful if the VoiceOver-Recording started with the preroll and not the mark-in on the thimeline so the newsreader/speaker/voice artist is still recorded if he starts talking a little too early. This would give valuable handle length to the editor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distorted Audio Playback Bug

I just updated to the newest version of Premiere 2020. After the update the audio playback for all clips imported into the projects sound terrible (like frequencies are missing). They were working fine before the update, and playback using windows media player sounds fine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No sound output From premiere 2020

There is no Audio ouput from 14.03 and 14.04... my 2019 and 2018 works fine... i tried every possile audio devices. my asio sound card in both MME and asio nothing ouputs, i have made shure the sampling rates matched the channels are properly routed L to 1, R to 2 .. i can see the audio modulating in the tracks.. i have tried multpiple different .wav tracks... i can even input my microphone no problem. then when i do the SAME configs exactly in 2018 and 2019.. sounds outputs fine.. i also tried 2020 with my onboard speakers... tried…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjustment Layers for Audio Tracks

I would like to place an adjustment layer into an audio track so everything below it changes in volume or does whatever effect i want it to do. It is a better visual cue from bird eye view then using markers when it comes to keyframed audio effects, especially if i have to ripple visuals downstream but don't remember if my audio has effects on it or not (due to lack of visual cues).

Please develop this!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multicam audio - switch source audio

Look at how you can switch between different audio sources in an Avid group (albeit mono tracks only).

I spent a lot of time trying to get a multicam audio workflow, but could not (this was PP17 but I don’t think it’s much changed).

I ended up using source audio & multicam video.

Ideally, with multicam audio, we should be able to access field audio (ie multiple track wav, with stereo & mono & 3.0/4.0/5.1 etc tracks in the same clip) or audio tracks attached to camera video (again may be stereo/mono etc in the same clip).

Thus you should…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base