Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

110 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: CMD + Sliding Audio Keyframes

In 14.0, it appears there's a bug when trying to slide over audio keyframes horizontally. I used to be able to hold the CMD key (Mac) while sliding keyframes left/right. Now, when I try to do that the keyframes will jump up or down a few decibels before locking onto the X-axis. Soooooo frustrating. I am manually ducking audio under a voice track, and when I edit that voice track there are times I need to adjust the ducking. Haven't tried doing the same with Essential Sound yet. Maybe that's the way to do. Regardless, this used to work pre-14.0.…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Source Monitor - Sum Multichannel to Mono

This checkbox (in the audio preferences) and the function it seems to promise is not working. I often can not hear multi-channel audio if the channels have been configured beyond default, even if this box is checked.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve sync allowing clips on the same track

Make the sync easier, allowing clips to be on the same track.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjustment Layers for Audio Tracks

I would like to place an adjustment layer into an audio track so everything below it changes in volume or does whatever effect i want it to do. It is a better visual cue from bird eye view then using markers when it comes to keyframed audio effects, especially if i have to ripple visuals downstream but don't remember if my audio has effects on it or not (due to lack of visual cues).

Please develop this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audio waveforms not displaying correctly

When track effects are applied, then an audio nest is created (creating new sequences from clip for multi-cam workflow or any type of audio nest), the waveforms no longer display correctly after a cut or thru-edit is made. I've attached images for reference. Both images are from the same section of the timeline (before and after the thru-edits).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio Clip Keyframe Frustration!

It would be great if, when dragging an audio clip keyframe horizontally, it stayed snapped to the current volume.
    It's rare that when I need to move an audio fade forwards or backwards I also need to change the volume.
    It's very frustrating! A modifier key could be pressed if I did ever need to. do it.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shift-dragging audio keyframes in the timeline no longer keeps audio the same level.

Selecting audio keyframes and shift-dragging them used to keep them the keyframes at the same decibel level. Now when I do this, it bumps it down a few decibels and then stays the same level.

As usual, Premiere fixes or adds one thing, and breaks another.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro

Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro
    in premiere pro as all we know speed time remapping of video layer is this: (right click > show clip keyframes > time remapping > speed.)
    why something like this is not in audio layer?
    my problem is that i have to gradually speed up and slow down clip multiple times. after 4-5 times of video speed edit with smooth speed ramping it completely loses audio sync and needs hours of work to match it with its vide.
    what could be the solution?

I think it would be ideal if adobe adds function…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: Manually ducking audio whilst holding shift changes dB value when it shouldn't

This started happening when I upgraded to V14. I am trying to manually duck my music track on the timeline (I have found the auto-ducking feature to be inconsistent) at strategic points whilst keeping the same volume. Previously, I could copy and paste the ducking keyframes and then move them around to my liking whilst holding shift to ensure the dB stayed at the same value. Now when I move keyframes whilst holding shift, the keyframes will move up or down a few dB. It's ducking annoying. Please fix.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

548 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to say we’ve made this feature available for testing in our public beta builds which are rolling out to every Creative Cloud member right now. Public Betas are an opportunity to share features and fixes as early as possible to gather feedback. For more details about the Public Beta and how to install these tools, please visit https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/

You’ll now see a new audio device option on MacOS: System Default. When selected for input, output, or both, Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, AME, Character Animator, and Rush will use whichever audio device is set as the OS option, and will switch automatically when that changes.

For instance, if you plug in a USB microphone while Premiere is open, and System Default is selected as your default input device, Premiere will automatically switch over to use the new microphone for recording voiceovers if MacOS recognizes this device as…

14. Group Audio

I should be able to collapse multiple audio tracks down into one "nested" track on the timeline. Very useful for when I have 10 sources of audio that I need to keep intact for a sound mix, but don't plan on adjusting those individual tracks during my edit. 90% of the time I don't need to see my individual audio tracks. Would make timeline much easier to manage.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Volume "reset parameter" sets level to +9dB

My office has recently upgraded to Premiere Pro 2020. In the effect control panel, clicking the "reset parameter" button on either the "Volume" or "Channel Volume" control sets the audio level to +9.0 dB, not 0.0 dB as it had in previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: Audio Waveform Exceptionally Slow to Redraw When Zooming In - Premiere Pro 2020

When zooming way in on media in the sequence view, the zoomed-in version of the waveform commonly fails to draw and there are no peaks or valleys to be seen in the sequence.

It will eventually draw, but it can take 3+ seconds, which if you're zooming in often is a big issue.

We've got multiple audio clips and some of them are lengthy. The peak files have been completely generated and Premiere Pro is doing nothing else.

It's a new issue in Premiere Pro 2020 (V14.0.0 Build 572) that all 3 of my editors are experiencing. Windows 10. Peaks…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 13.1.5 build 47 graphic equalizer bug

13.1.5 build 47 graphic equalizer -

> Assigned AUGraphicEQ to a clip
    > In Effect Controls window, selected “Edit…” button - bringing up EQ interface window
    > (Default view is 31-bands) switched to 10-bands
    > Made changes to 32k, 1k and 8k (the 1st, 6th, and 9th bands
    > Clicked the “Individual Parameters” button in Effects Controls
    > 31 bands displayed, showing attenuation changes for 3 bands, but here’s the bug:

• The three bands it shows as changed are - 20hz, 63hz, 125hz

• These are 1st, 6th, and 9th bands on the 31-band display.

• The application is adjusting the right…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report: Auto ducking not generating key frames correctly

Since updating to premier pro 2020 (windows) from 2019 I have experienced the same problem at random in every project I've created.

I create simple projects with a voice over, and a music track and use the auto ducking feature as intended.

I am finding randomly half way through every project I will encounter a point where generating key frames for the background music will ignore the voiceover track. Typically this means it just doesn't duck no matter what you do.
    I have tried deleting and re-importing the media to no effect.
    It will only be one random clip or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow control surfaces to set audio CLIP mixer

The various control surfaces usable in Premiere, whether the Tangent devices, Behringer, LoupeDeck, Palette ... should all be able to access the API for the Audio Clip Mixer.

Currently we can map to the Track mixer, but that is not useful until you have absolute project lock, which is ... very, very rare.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. change audio track type

Be able to change an audio track type instead of having to make a new one.

Also change the master output audio mapping/settings without having to make a new sequence.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base