Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

84 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: CMD + Sliding Audio Keyframes

In 14.0, it appears there's a bug when trying to slide over audio keyframes horizontally. I used to be able to hold the CMD key (Mac) while sliding keyframes left/right. Now, when I try to do that the keyframes will jump up or down a few decibels before locking onto the X-axis. Soooooo frustrating. I am manually ducking audio under a voice track, and when I edit that voice track there are times I need to adjust the ducking. Haven't tried doing the same with Essential Sound yet. Maybe that's the way to do. Regardless, this used to work pre-14.0.…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shift-dragging audio keyframes in the timeline no longer keeps audio the same level.

Selecting audio keyframes and shift-dragging them used to keep them the keyframes at the same decibel level. Now when I do this, it bumps it down a few decibels and then stays the same level.

As usual, Premiere fixes or adds one thing, and breaks another.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume "reset parameter" sets level to +9dB

My office has recently upgraded to Premiere Pro 2020. In the effect control panel, clicking the "reset parameter" button on either the "Volume" or "Channel Volume" control sets the audio level to +9.0 dB, not 0.0 dB as it had in previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Audio Waveform Exceptionally Slow to Redraw When Zooming In - Premiere Pro 2020

When zooming way in on media in the sequence view, the zoomed-in version of the waveform commonly fails to draw and there are no peaks or valleys to be seen in the sequence.

It will eventually draw, but it can take 3+ seconds, which if you're zooming in often is a big issue.

We've got multiple audio clips and some of them are lengthy. The peak files have been completely generated and Premiere Pro is doing nothing else.

It's a new issue in Premiere Pro 2020 (V14.0.0 Build 572) that all 3 of my editors are experiencing. Windows 10. Peaks…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

461 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  170 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio Clip Keyframe Frustration!

It would be great if, when dragging an audio clip keyframe horizontally, it stayed snapped to the current volume.
    It's rare that when I need to move an audio fade forwards or backwards I also need to change the volume.
    It's very frustrating! A modifier key could be pressed if I did ever need to. do it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro

Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro
    in premiere pro as all we know speed time remapping of video layer is this: (right click > show clip keyframes > time remapping > speed.)
    why something like this is not in audio layer?
    my problem is that i have to gradually speed up and slow down clip multiple times. after 4-5 times of video speed edit with smooth speed ramping it completely loses audio sync and needs hours of work to match it with its vide.
    what could be the solution?

I think it would be ideal if adobe adds function…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Pitch Shifter Effect

Pitch shifter effect does not save settings properly, this has been replicated: https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/ee6jli/imnewtopremiereandmypitchshiftersettings/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: Manually ducking audio whilst holding shift changes dB value when it shouldn't

This started happening when I upgraded to V14. I am trying to manually duck my music track on the timeline (I have found the auto-ducking feature to be inconsistent) at strategic points whilst keeping the same volume. Previously, I could copy and paste the ducking keyframes and then move them around to my liking whilst holding shift to ensure the dB stayed at the same value. Now when I move keyframes whilst holding shift, the keyframes will move up or down a few dB. It's ducking annoying. Please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change Audio Crossfade Type In The Sequence

REQUEST: By right clicking on an audio fade in the sequence, you can change it from Constant Gain, Constant Power, or Exponential fade.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Drop Frame Time Code bug when sending to Audition

When working with Drop Frame content upon sending a clip in the timeline to Audition the time code is switched to Non Drop Frame, throwing the time code out of sync with the original material and requiring a manual reset of time code in clip properties. This jas been going on for years and it's well past time to fix it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG HUGE!!version pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!!

BUG HUGE!! versions pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!! Are you gonna fix this? 13.1.2 is fine but you screwed it up after that. It is 100% unusable to me at this point

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make it possible to set audio preferences to always bring in clips with MONO DISCREET TRACKS so I don't have to modify my clips.

Clips always come in with stereo tracks. So, I have to try to remember to modify before making Multicam clips and/or editing into timeline. And, I often forget. And didn't we use to be able to set this preference. Now the only option involves 5.1 Surround.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto add 1 frame fade on sound clips

You know the situation. You cut up a sound file and all looks well until you play it back. Then you hear it. The audible click from each start and end of a clip as the sample is jumped from zero of near silence to the audio clip you want there.

The common solution? A one or two frame fade to bring that sample down so it plays nicely in the mix.

The 1-2 frame crossfade on sound clips... So many times people have asked me why I so religiously do it on all sound clips. But killing all the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Normalizing Audio in Premiere Pro is a miserable experience

I should be able to select all clips in a sequence and use the "Normalize All Peaks to" feature. But I can't. Even when I use the workaround of waiting for "Peak Amplitude" to finish calculating before clicking on any of the other UI elements, if I click "OK" after "Normalizing All Peaks to" 0dB, most clips have lost all audio and are silent. So that feature is unusable for me.

What I'm doing now is to manually select each and every clip in the sequence, and for each one I set "Normalize Max Peak to 0dB" manually. It takes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. User defined "reset parameter" value in audio preferences

Previousely, the "reset parameter" button in the effect controls panel used to set audio levels to 0db. Recently, that has been changed to +9db which is useless in the majority of cases.

I understand that this change may have been made to address the typical digital recording level of -10 to -12db, but most recordings I receive are well above that (-6db), and music tracks are always normalised to 0db, so the current reset parameter value will always result in clipping.

I suggest adding a user defined "reset parameter" value to the audio preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio tracks 4,5,6 will not accept audio...audio tracks 1,2,3 and 7 work fine. Why??

Audio tracks 4,5,6 will not accept audio...audio tracks 1,2,3 and 7 work fine. Why??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. FFT filter causing the sound to stutter/cut upon render

When I add FFT filter to a sound clip it will cause the clip to get stuttery or just cut a small part of the clip upon render or export. Sounds good on playback in premiere, but when i export or do a render and replace, the clip will get affected.
    PR Version 14.0.0 (build 572)
    Mac Pro late 2013, high sierra (10.13.6)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base