Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. dynamic link

I have major ongoing issues with dynamic linked templates in Premiere and AE 2020.

There are a few posts about this, but I'm yet to see any feedback or solutions that work, and I've not seen anything that shows Adobe is adressing this problem.

We use dynamically linked AE templates to control our bugs, lower thirds and classifications for all our promo content.  They are created so that text changes and bug/class symbol changes can be made through the Premiere Effects Control tab. We have been doing this for many years with no issues, but when upgrading from final CC2018…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Access to Master Properties of a Comp Inside a Dynamic-Linked .aep WITHOUT Export to .MogrT

Currently, in order to provide access to editable parameters of an After Effects composition from within Premiere, it can't simply be imported via Dynamic Link as a native .aep file in the traditional manner. Instead, it needs to be exported to the MOtion GRaphics Template format and then installed from Premiere. The rationale behind this requirement is completely unclear.

It would make much more sense for the master properties of a comp (if any were set up) to be accessible in Premiere regardless! In other words, as long as there is a single parameter added to the list of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to add essential graphics, sequences, any asset really to Libraries from Premiere

I find the current Libraries integration in Premiere less than useful.
    Essential graphics can neither draw from or add swatches to Libraries; and I cannot add to it the things I need to easily share across projects, for example text styles (titles or sub titles master styles); graphics; or sequences. I imagine a sequence rendering itself to something akin to an embedded graphic in Ai and becoming available in the library - say, an animated logo bug.

The current Libraries set up has me running in circles (oh look, Groups! oh, wait...) eventually discovering that it can't do anything intuitive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for a type of Marker created in After Effects to come over into Premiere

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to set markers within my After Effects Comp and have them move into Premiere.

Why is this feature important to you?
    This would be very handy because the Animator could add markers indicating various notes, comments, or key points within an animation.  The Editor would then be able to find these points very easily.  I would imagine that this should be fairly easy for you guys to incorporate into Dynamic Linking, but it would be really great if the information could get embedded into the metadata…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml

Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml (like for After Effects and the aepx file format)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. keeps forgetting my ftp publish credentials - AME CC 2018 (Not Responding)

My idea is that AME CC 2018 (Not Responding) should stop forgetting the credentials I've pasted into it about a dozen times already.

The first 11 times I was like...this is great! But the 12th to nth time you know...gets old...

Maybe the guy responsible for test that could chime in here?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Converting Team Projects to local: keep Ae compositions editable

When you convert a team project to a local one, you lose the ability to edit the Ae composition files you used in the project.

It will make a big difference if you could.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Synchronize after effects and premiere pro timeline

I'm always copying and pasting the timecode from premiere pro to after effects and vice versa when creating graphical overlays, to ensure the timeing is correct. I'd love a way to anchor the two so that as I slide the timeline in one, the timeline in the other moves as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. drag from premiere project panel to audition

I can drag from the audition file panel into premiere, I would love to be able to drag from Premiere's project panel into audition.

For clips, I'd like this to bring the source file into audition, for bins, all the files within.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Premiere Dissolves no longer create Opacity keyframes in After Effects

In the past, you could create a video in Premiere Pro and add in typical Cross Dissolves. Then, when you send the clips through to dynamic link, all of the dissolves would be converted into Opacity keyframes.

This has not worked for a large number of previous versions.

Was this feature removed? If so, why? Can it be added back? Is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PP shuts down by moving the cursor in the timeline

PP stürzt immer ab bei Cursorbewegung in der Timeline mit nachfolgenden orangefarbenen Warnhinweisen:
    1. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'Cursor DataID-17' (Typ xml)
    2. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'SClose5x7N@2x' (Typ svg)
    3. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'S
    ErrorXlN_D@2x' (Typ svg)

Was kann ich tun?
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Johannes Bartsch

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix bug relinking AE projects

When relinking an After Effects to into Premiere the default Media Browser window will show up empty and I'm unable to link the project.

A workaround right now is to use the system finder/explorer window option instead.

More info:
    -I have noticed this happening only on 2018's version
    -It happens after I version up my AE file. Understandably premiere loses the link to the file. But it should be able to relink to the new file like it did before.
    -I have noticed this bug on a Mac, not sure if it happens on Windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. gopro

Allow for the display of GoPro's guage data to show speed, altitude, gps, etc, without having to first go through a GoPro software workflow. It would be so amazing to do this right from Premiere!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support OpenTimelineIO - OTIO format export / import

OpenTimelineIO is an interchange format and API for editorial cut information. OTIO contains information about the order and length of cuts and references to external media.

Please provide a native import / export feature as it greatly improves user experience for moving video projects along the production pipeline.

https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/OpenTimelineIO

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clicking "Open original" AE render would open the AE project that created it.

For a while there you could right click on an AE render inside of premiere pro and it would remember which AE project created it and would open that comp. Then it went away or otherwise became less obvious how to do this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support blend modes for imported PSDs

Can Premiere finally support blend modes from imported PSDs for layers and text effects?

If you're reading this and you work for Adobe - listen up: Integration between Adobe apps is your competitive advantage.

If you understand your competitive advantage, then you understand that fully supporting layered PSD files shouldn't require requests and upvotes, it should already have been implemented.

Please take more of a leadership role and implement the stuff most of us assume is already baked-in because it's from Adobe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to download pproj projects from Frame seams an absolute necessity now Adobe bought Frame

it seams incredible that you cannot download a pproj project that's been uploaded to Frame. You can download a FC or Resolve project but not the original file?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" command to send multiple images at once

I constantly use the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" command to send images on my timeline to Photoshop and would love the option to send multiple images at once. They could open individually or, even better, provide the option to combine all of them into a single Photoshop document for easier assembling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Legacy Titler end

Can Adobe please make it very, VERY clear BEFORE the actual Premier Pro upgrade which banishes the extremely useful, reliable, easy and effective Legacy Titler into the rubbish bin of time? We will NOT upgrade PP after that date and are already looking at alternative edit systems. It is NOT a joke for many of us as learning a lesser tool to please the encoders is not what we want. I'm sorry, but there we are. We 'fix' ,version, tag, legalise and distribute many hundreds of TVCs made by others each year. 99% of static captions and legal supers are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Premiere Pro (22.1.2) fails import of After Effects (22.1.1) files on Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19043 Build 19043)

I'm discovering with the latest updates of Premiere Pro and After Effects that a direct import into Premiere isn't working. Hangs on the progress bar. Escape is the only solution which returns Premiere to normal - alas with no ability to bring a comp in from AE. (Premiere Pro (22.1.2) fails import of After Effects (22.1.1) files on Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19043 Build 19043))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base