Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] - Dynamic Link between AE & Premiere Pro requires selecting composition twice

Let me state that this behavior started before the last update, and I've been hoping that one of the recent patches would fix it.

I'll try to state the issue very simply. When importing an AE composition into Premier Pro via dynamic linking, I have to select the comp twice for it to actually import. I have a lot of AE compositions with editable text that I use for sports videos, so pre-rendering is not an option, and it is a real pain to have to import multiple times.

I found a dirty workaround which saves a little bit of…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. audio unit doesn´t work switching premiere to audition

When switching between Premiere and Audition I have to switch back and forth between MME and Asio in the prefs every time (since Premiere 13.0) so that the playback runs and my audio interface (Steinberg UR 122 Mk II) can work. Driver current, Win10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for a type of Marker created in After Effects to come over into Premiere

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to set markers within my After Effects Comp and have them move into Premiere.

Why is this feature important to you?
    This would be very handy because the Animator could add markers indicating various notes, comments, or key points within an animation.  The Editor would then be able to find these points very easily.  I would imagine that this should be fairly easy for you guys to incorporate into Dynamic Linking, but it would be really great if the information could get embedded into the metadata…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Premiere Pro

Hace años suelo utilizar la plataforma Linux y suelo trabajar con programas similares a Adobe Pro creo que sería positivo para Adobe incluir sus productos en las plataformas Linux.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 13.0.2 still buggy - can't link with AE

Thanks for this update but it's still failing to link with my After Effects projects, which have also been updated to 16.0.1. I will report this on the After Effects section too as I'm not sure which it is most relevant to. See attached error in AE which keeps recurring. I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16gb RAM.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Premiere 2019

We installed the 2019 version of the premiere and we're in trouble. The system is closing and we also can not open the rendered files on the mobile devices
    I would like to save the projects in the previous version and return the systems to the previous version

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug Report: USB Mic Causes Premiere Pro to Abort Startup

When I have a USB Mic plugged in to my computer and try to start Premiere Pro, the splash screen appears for 2 to 3 seconds, then the startup aborts.

Mic: Blue Yeti; plugged into USB3 port directly on computer
    Computer: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core I7; 64GB RAM, Win10.

Additional Info:
    - All other Adobe CC applications open properly while the mic is plugged in, including AfterEffects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Audition, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
    - Finale Music Engraving program, when started while USB mic plugged in, will corrupt its INI files.
    - When the USB mic is unplugged, Premiere Pro…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy frame to clipboard

Usually there's a need to save one frame from the clip and then open it in photoshop for further edits.

Instead of using "Export Frame" in Program monitor - which always leaves you with a file you need to delete manually.
    I'm proposing to add one more button "Copy Frame to Clipboard"
    or even pressing ctrl+c on timeline, could copy to clipboard everything at current time, so later in Photoshop I could press ctrl+V (or paste in menu) and it will paste an image copied from Premiere.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. DJI import problems

This problem is all over the drone forums, but perhaps not enough people are letting you know (although there are several similar requests, each with just a few votes, on your ideas page). Use of drone footage is becoming increasingly common, so please look into the problem, and until then, post a recommended workaround on your website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. XML position data missing on export from Premiere 2019

Position data is missing in xml when exported from premiere 2019. Big problem for anyone wanting to export a sequence...to grading for example.

PLEASE FIX.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml

Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml (like for After Effects and the aepx file format)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Editing text of an After Effects composition in the effects tab in Premiere changes the font

The font changes when I edit the text of an After Effects compassion in Premiere - this never used to happen prior to the 2019 update. Please fix.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Replace with after effects is broken

Since the 2019 update, right-clicking clips -> Replace with After Effects composition is now broken for me. It gets a lot of incorrect clip lengths. Please see the attached before and after.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BR: Dynamic Link AE2019 title changes font when editing it's content in PP2019

I just came across a dynamic link bug between Premiere Pro and After Effects 2019.

I would really appreciate it if anyone else could confirm this bug and point out any solutions, if there are any at the moment!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new PP2019 project (I used DSLR 1080p30 for my sequence, in case that matters)
    2. Create a dynamic link AE comp with a title, either within Premiere Pro, or in After Effects and importing it (I used the AE HDTV 1080 29.97 preset, in case that matters)
    3. Change the title's font, content, size, position, rotation, etc, in AE.…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After Effects linking errors in Premiere 13.0

Just updated both Premiere and After Effects and opened a project with linked After Effects compositions, none of the AE compositions load or work in Premiere! Help please Adobe! After Effects gave me a long string of repeated errors as well, see attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in Premiere Pro as well!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After Effects Editable Text in Master Clip effect controls overwriting content from AE

After importing an AE comp through Dynamic Link (NOT Essential Graphics), once you use the Editable Text fields available in the Effect Controls panel, your project will permanently ignore any changes in text coming from AE. There is no indication of where that text is coming from. I propose four methods to change this behavior:

1) Add a refresh/sync button on the right side of each text field in the Effect Controls panel to repopulate the text fields manually from the changes done in the AE UI

2) Place a toggle switch to simply unallow the text field input, allowing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SAME RESULTS

Premiere Pro should generate the same results as After Effects using Dynamic Link, like the same fusion modes, vector files and effects in general.

TKS, Adobe ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. this software requires alot of improvement im using premiere pro cc 2018 and it has alot of bugs and glitches crash issues

this software has wasted alot of time from me it has numerous amount of bugs glitches and crash issues when ever i save a file the program goes blank and i have to reopen it again this happens every time i try to save a project ,when i try to export a file it warns me with a missing Link file which is not really missing and the file would star exporting without the file which is not missing but its detected that it is missing,the file if exported correctly and another issue come up that the file which has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base