Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XML position data missing on export from Premiere 2019

Position data is missing in xml when exported from premiere 2019. Big problem for anyone wanting to export a sequence...to grading for example.

PLEASE FIX.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] - Fonts dropped from AE Composition importing to Premiere Pro

With the recent update, when I update editable text from an AE composition linked in Premier Pro, the font changes back to Times New Roman every time.

Before the update, I was able to update editable text, and keep the font. I was hoping that a subsequent patch would solve this issue, but after a few months it still continues. The workaround is painful, as instead of creating copies of the imported composition inside of Premiere, I need to create additional AE projects...one for each lower third I want to incorporate.

I'm about to kick off a project that will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Die Beispieldateien der Tutorials noch mal prüfen.

Diese sind bei den deutschen Tutorials alle in Englisch und es fehlen teilweise Dateien (Adobe After Effect-Dateien)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml

Increase the editing capacity of Premiere Pro with the power of the xml (like for After Effects and the aepx file format)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for a type of Marker created in After Effects to come over into Premiere

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to set markers within my After Effects Comp and have them move into Premiere.

Why is this feature important to you?
    This would be very handy because the Animator could add markers indicating various notes, comments, or key points within an animation.  The Editor would then be able to find these points very easily.  I would imagine that this should be fairly easy for you guys to incorporate into Dynamic Linking, but it would be really great if the information could get embedded into the metadata…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug Report Dynamic Link + Render Replace

Series of bugs when dealing with dynamic linked files

1. Moving dynamic linked AE comp in Premiere Pro project panel (say to a bin) crashes Premiere Pro.

2. Trying to render and replace dynamic linked AE comp in Premiere Pro.

Both give errors: [/PPro12.1.1/shared/adobe/MediaCore/Backend/Src/Content/AudioMediaContent.cpp-570]

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Name Comp when using "Replace with After Effects Composition"

When using "Replace with After Effects Composition", it would help immensely with organization to be able to give a linked comp a name instead of the default "Project Name Linked Comp xx", that would appear in both Premier and After Effects, as you create it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects linking errors in Premiere 13.0

Just updated both Premiere and After Effects and opened a project with linked After Effects compositions, none of the AE compositions load or work in Premiere! Help please Adobe! After Effects gave me a long string of repeated errors as well, see attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Linked Comps: Expressions not working!

I have several linked AE comps that use a lot of expressions. Picking colors from another comp, some rectSourceAtTime usage etc.
    None of these work in PR unless I keep that AE project open in background. When closed, everything gets messed up again...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After Effects Editable Text in Master Clip effect controls overwriting content from AE

After importing an AE comp through Dynamic Link (NOT Essential Graphics), once you use the Editable Text fields available in the Effect Controls panel, your project will permanently ignore any changes in text coming from AE. There is no indication of where that text is coming from. I propose four methods to change this behavior:

1) Add a refresh/sync button on the right side of each text field in the Effect Controls panel to repopulate the text fields manually from the changes done in the AE UI

2) Place a toggle switch to simply unallow the text field input, allowing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you offer a version of Adobe Photography plan that includes Premier Pro?

Many photographers now have cameras (or Drones) that take excellent video, but we have no Adobe product in the current Photography Plan for editing video! Can you offer a second version of Adobe Photography Plan that includes Premiere Pro? I would certainly pay more. C Kirk

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. audio unit doesn´t work switching premiere to audition

When switching between Premiere and Audition I have to switch back and forth between MME and Asio in the prefs every time (since Premiere 13.0) so that the playback runs and my audio interface (Steinberg UR 122 Mk II) can work. Driver current, Win10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 13.0.2 still buggy - can't link with AE

Thanks for this update but it's still failing to link with my After Effects projects, which have also been updated to 16.0.1. I will report this on the After Effects section too as I'm not sure which it is most relevant to. See attached error in AE which keeps recurring. I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16gb RAM.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug Report: USB Mic Causes Premiere Pro to Abort Startup

When I have a USB Mic plugged in to my computer and try to start Premiere Pro, the splash screen appears for 2 to 3 seconds, then the startup aborts.

Mic: Blue Yeti; plugged into USB3 port directly on computer
    Computer: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core I7; 64GB RAM, Win10.

Additional Info:
    - All other Adobe CC applications open properly while the mic is plugged in, including AfterEffects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Audition, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
    - Finale Music Engraving program, when started while USB mic plugged in, will corrupt its INI files.
    - When the USB mic is unplugged, Premiere Pro…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Replace with After Effects Composition" fails

Whenever I try to replace a clip with a After Effects composition, After Effects opens an empty composition and Premiere displays a "Generic error during import".
    Both applications are up to date, I've cleaned project caches, tried different projects and restarted the PC multiple times.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. please fix all the errors had the last update, i cannot downgrade with open projects and its so so so so so so frustrating, im paying 60 eu

please provide update to last version its so frustrating, while i was suffering another freeze i had received the mail from paypal remenbering me the payment to you.
    its a shame. plase fix it please

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Basic Vector support

Just the basic ability to scale vector objects in premiere would be lovely. This is a feature that has been requested for years. I would love to see some much older ideas like this get implemented as well as a focus on app stability, performance, and interoperability before any new features that are trying to support the latest tech with no mainstream use. Make it rock solid, then polish, then carefully add on. Repeat. If the adobe suite wants to stay the go-to professional option, then it needs to be as bug free and fast performing as possible, and not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SAME RESULTS

Premiere Pro should generate the same results as After Effects using Dynamic Link, like the same fusion modes, vector files and effects in general.

TKS, Adobe ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. LUTs

I have applied custom LUTs to footage in PP. When I export media/queue - to AME I then see my timeline without LUTs applied. I have added the LUTs in question to the creative/technical directories in the PP programme folders as well as the identical folders inside AME but this does nothing. On the effects tab/lumetri inside AME I can choose a LUT or look but only the factory supplied ones - the browse option is not available.
    Using factory supplied LUTs in PP presents no problem in AME but thats of no use to me. Could we please simplify…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. drag from premiere project panel to audition

I can drag from the audition file panel into premiere, I would love to be able to drag from Premiere's project panel into audition.

For clips, I'd like this to bring the source file into audition, for bins, all the files within.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base