Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing the names on the Adobe Library of mogrts that reflect the name change correctly on Essential Graphics

When we change the names of the mogrts on the Adobe Library, it doesn't reflect on Essential Graphics, which creates confusion. To rename them correctly we have to re-export them each time, which takes a lot of time since we use a big amount of mogrts.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro / After Effects: Consistent Time Stretching

Standardize the percentage property between AE and PPro. Currently:

AE: Effect > Time > Time Stretch: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at double speed and takes half the time.

PPro: Clip > Speed/Duration: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at half speed and takes twice as long.

Attached images are of a 1 second clip, both at "50%"

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic Link between Premiere and After Effects is a complete failure

Even in 2020 Dynamic link is far too unstable to even consider using in a professional workflow.

The ratio or times I have tried to have simple text only comps from AE in a Premiere timeline for just one crash to make dynamic link between the two forever again unable in the project is 100%.

A single crash causes enough mayhem that the next two hours are spend searching in the void for solves.

Restart.
    Rename the Dynamic Link Server folder.
    Delete all the linked comps. Import again.

It's never the same.
    If you can even get the projects to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. dynamic link

I have major ongoing issues with dynamic linked templates in Premiere and AE 2020.

There are a few posts about this, but I'm yet to see any feedback or solutions that work, and I've not seen anything that shows Adobe is adressing this problem.

We use dynamically linked AE templates to control our bugs, lower thirds and classifications for all our promo content.  They are created so that text changes and bug/class symbol changes can be made through the Premiere Effects Control tab. We have been doing this for many years with no issues, but when upgrading from final CC2018…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Store synched fonts locally so they load when internet connection isn't available

At the moment if the internet connection fails and the Creative Cloud desktop app can't connect to the internet, all synched fonts are unavailable.

This is particularly problematic given the Creative Cloud app's propensity to sign out by itself repeatedly (a bug that I and a lot of other people experience).

Sometimes an internet connection just isn't available - on the road, on a train, in the countryside - but it's not possible to do work without access to the fonts. Surely the creative cloud app can locally store a file that confirms creative cloud membership so that Premiere can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG REPORT: Why my Premiere Pro is speaking Russian?

My English version of Premiere Pro shows me dialog boxes in... Russian. This new feature allows me to learn Russian and I am very grateful for this opportunity. It allows me also to slow down at work because of the time which I have to spend to decode Russian letters. Thank you Adobe!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. dynamic link folders and naming schemes

In certain circumstances projects require massive amounts of dynamically linked compositions. For example I am currently working on a serious of talking heads in front of a green screen for a social media campaign with 100+ short clips.

When sending the clips over for keying and animation I have to manually rename all of them to identify which of the named sequences they are from and manually sort them into bins inside of After Effects. This workflow could be much improved:

1) Add a comp naming dialog when selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition." At the very least options for…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to change comp within imported After Effects project without having to re-import and replace the clip.

If there was the ability to right-click the After Effects project file in the bin and then have an option to "choose comp" or similar - this would make life a lot easier.

Currently, we have to re-import the After Effects project file, select the new comp and then replace that in the timeline which is a few steps too many.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sub Folders!!

I want to import the total structure of my workflow, folders, and sub folders, and sub sub folders... basic! Like in After FX Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AE Dynamic links go offline every time I open a project

Premiere 14.01 and AE 17.02 - Our AE dynamic links are offline every time we open a Premiere project, even if the previous time we worked on it they were all showing up. Opening up that specific AE project, then closing Premiere and re-opening the Premiere project seems to bring them back, sometimes. Please fix this issue! We are having the same issue on 2 different workstations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: Premiere Pro AE Dynamic Link Comps Create Duplicate Frames warning

In Premiere Pro (14.0.4), using Adobe Dynamic Link -> Import After Effects Composition to import multiple composition from an AE project (17.0.5) causes multiple comps on the timeline from that AE project to show duplicate frame warnings, as if they're all the same asset.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an easy way to set Poster Frames /Thumbnails for videos on export.

Create an easy way to set Poster Frames /Thumbnails for videos on export. At the moment, you have to do it in the operating system. Then when you upload to Dropbox, it converts it back to the Default. V. frustrating. https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Custom-folder-icons-vanish-when-folder-moved-into-DB/m-p/378410#M82887

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Help Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card regain compatibility and new drivers for Premiere Pro and After Effects. Nvidia issued END-OF-LIFE

Help Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card regain compatibility and new drivers for Premiere Pro and After Effects. Nvidia issued END-OF-LIFE status to the Quadro 4000 last January 2018 because it is based on Fermi Architecture. It was running wonderfully. This will disallow many subscribers from using their systems and force purchases of new systems or cards. Can you help get this handled? The software alerts us to the fix needed, but it is NOT CLEAR that Quadro 4000 has an End-of-Life status unless you question the postings online or get an engineer to communicate with you via NVidia's website. This…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RED Source Settings changes in Effect Control not applying on Proxy encode

I like to make basic changes to RED footage using the 'RED Source Settings' in the effects controls (NOT Lumetri). When I send to AME queue, all of the changes apply just fine and all is good. When I try to 'Create Proxy' for proxy editing the changes are NOT applied and I'm stuck with un-color corrected footage in Proxies.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. replace with after effects composition - master effects especially colour correction

When choosing to replace a clip with an After Effects composition, effects on that clip are also sent to After Effects... unless those effects on the master clip.

What that means is, when I've colour-corrected an interview, with the colour correction applied to the master clip, that colour-correction is not sent to AE. Which means it gets lost, as it's no longer applied to the clip in Premiere, but it's also not applied in After Effects. But any clips that have local colour-correction are fine when they're sent, as the effect is also sent to AE.

This is inconsistent, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base