Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12635 results found

1. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking. [Export]

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

802 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

594 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All,

first of all I wanted to thank everyone for making this a productive conversation over the last couple of days.

As several people responded to my comment about keeping the tone civilised, I need to dwell on that for a minute. Please hear me out, this is important to everyone on my crew and I hope it will be to you.

Saying that we shouldn't be surprised when things get heated is very problematic in my opinion. How do you expect a junior person on my team to respond to a technical question when it is combined with something that can easily be described as hate speech? How do you think we can actually come together on actual issues when there's already the assumption that we're a big faceless corporation, not even listening to our customers?

People on my team have received threats. I've been there over the years,…

2. Get rid of the AWFUL new interface that came with the recent update... [Import]

The interface completely changed when opening and exporting, and my team HATES it and we cannot find out how to change it back. Please change it back or allow us to opt out of using it. It's unsightly and frankly looks unprofessional. Maybe that was the motivation, but as professionals, we hate it.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Essential Graphics Text should allow style presets to be applied to only some text

The style presets in Essential Graphics Text can only be applied to the clip-or-text layer. I would like to be able to apply it to only some text in a text layer on a limited basis.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストで、一部のテキストのみにスタイルプリセットを適用できるようにしてほしい

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルプリセットは、クリップorテキストレイヤーにしか適用できない。テキストレイヤーの中の一部の文字のみに、限定的に適用できるようにしてほしい。

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to remove new Header Bar (22.3) from window

I'm a shortcuts person, and I like customizability. Please make the new Header Bar feature of Version 22.3 optional. I have no use for any of the buttons or information on the header, all of which are redundant and can be accessed either through the toolbar or via keyboard shortcuts. I appreciate that the Header may be convenient for new Premiere users, but for power users it is wasted screen real estate.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

Dragging a shape using the Shift key will create a perfect circle in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Premiere Pro users are frustrated because they can't do this when creating masks with effects or opacity.

エフェクトコントロールパネルのマスクで完全な正方形のマスクを作成できるようにすべきだ!

Shiftキーを使用して図形をドラッグすると、PhotoshopとIllustratorで完全な円を作成できます。

Premiere Proユーザーは、エフェクトや不透明度でマスクを作成する時、これを行うことができないため、不満を感じています。

334 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

On a Windows computer
    If the character input setting is "Japanese input (IME)" instead of "English input", the PremierePro shortcut will not work.

By the way, on Macintosh
    Shortcuts work even when “Japanese input” is selected.

Some users have complained about what they can do with Macintosh but not with Windows.

Windowsパソコンにおいて
    文字入力設定が、「英語入力」ではなく「日本語入力(IME)」になっていると、PremiereProのショートカットが効かない。

ちなみにMacintoshにおいては
    「日本語入力」の時でも、ショートカットが効く。

Macintoshではできるのに、WIndowsで出来ないことで、一部のユーザーから不満の声があがっている。

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Rework set / scale to frame size

The menu commands 'Scale to Frame size' and 'Set to frame size' must win the award for the most badly named commands in Premiere Pro. I teach PrPro and they are almost guaranteed to generate a look of quizzical incredulity on any new users face when I tell them that the command with 'Scale' in its name doesn't adjust the scale parameter, but the one without 'Scale' in the name does...

It's time to grab the bull by the horns and fix this.

In addition...
    Frame sizes ain't what they used to be. 16x9 isn't the one and only. We…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for Nikon NRaw

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

I said three months ago that I would provide an update when I had more information to share. 

While I don't have an update on when Z9 support is coming (other than to say it is not in 2022), I wanted to let you know that I do look at this thread and the Formats section of UserVoice regularly, usually daily. 

While our list of priorities, is not exactly the order of popularity of the requests on this forum, it is close and you can see that there are several things we need to do that have a higher priority than N-RAW support. 

I know that is frustrating to Z9 owners but I would rather be candid and open with you. 

As before, I will provide an update when I have more information to share. 

Regards,

Fergus

--------------

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on N-RAW. It is…

9. For the Essential Graphics Text style, style preset windows like Legacy Title.

The style presets in the Legacy title were very easy to see and use.

The only way to display the Essential Graphics text styles is to show the icons in the project panel. We need a dedicated panel for styles that is easier to use.

The styles are managed on a project-by-project basis, so when you create a new project, the styles you've been using are no longer available.

Styles should be available at all times.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルのために、レガシータイトルのようなスタイルプリセットウインドウがほしい。

レガシータイトルのスタイルプリセットはすごく見やすくて、使いやすかった。

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルは、プロジェクトパネルにアイコン表示する方法しかない。もっと使いやすいスタイル専用のパネルが必要。

プロジェクトごとの管理なので、新規プロジェクトを作ると、今まで使っていたスタイルが使えなくなる。

スタイルはいつでもに使える状態にして欲しい。

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Anamorphic Pixel Aspect Ratios please (1.5x, 1.6x & 1.8x)

With all these new Anamorphic lenses coming on to the market. We need more 'Common pixel aspect ratios' to choose from. In the Interpret Footage menu we can only choose 1,33x or 2x anamorphic. We need 1,5x 1,6x and 1,8 as well!

Can you guys please include this option in the next Update? This should not be to much of an issue to fix, but it safes us a lot of time! Now I constantly need to change the width and height of every clip on the timeline.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

We are currently working on improving support for footage shot on anamorphic lenses. The first step was to ensure that metadata in formats like ARRIRAW is getting read correctly by Premiere Pro - and that's in beta now - but we have more work to do to add additional lens squeeze factors, potentially adding a custom field for this. 

Regards,

Fergus

11. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear your frustrations about color management and we are working on multiple improvements. 

I recently posted a note on Alister Chapman's excellent xdcam-user.com forum, in response to a post he'd made about color management in Premiere Pro. 

While my response doesn't go into details on our long term plans, it describes what we're doing in the short term to make handling of log footage easier. 

Here's what I wrote:

Hi all,

I’m a product manager at Adobe, on the video team. I thought I’d chime in to provide some info on what we’re doing.

Color management is not going away – quite the opposite. As HDR-capable cameras and displays are becoming the default, and shooting in log or raw is becoming the norm, color management is critical. Gone are the days of only Rec709, the one color space to rule them all.

You might have seen reports about HDR…

12. Please make it possible to register effects as "favorites" by default in the effects control panel

Please make it possible to register effects as "favorites" by default in the effects control panel

Effects Control Panel is where you want to register things you use frequently, like "crop".

エフェクトコントロールパネルに、エフェクトを「お気に入り」としてデフォルト登録できるようにしてほしい。

エフェクトの「クロップ」のように、頻繁に使うものを登録しておきたい!

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  33 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  63 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug: New export page slow & unresponsive in Premiere Pro 22.0 Version 22.3.0 (build 121)

PP 22.0 export page is slow and often unresponsive. Editing, composting, rendering effects ... all working fine. Use the Control + M command to export and no response. Restart the app, select the new export tab and the export window appears. With patience, you can select settings, but painfully SLOW. Successful export in sequence preview settings (UHD ProRes422HQ). Running on Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19043, i9-7900X CPU 10 core, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

If autosave is performed while using the text tool...

・The text being converted will be reset and you will have to retype it.

・It crashes. (Crashes, freezes.)

Premiere Pro 22.2

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると、Premiere Proがクラッシュする。

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると・・・

・変換中のテキストがリセットされ、入力し直さなければならなくなる。

・クラッシュする。(フリーズする。)

Premiere Pro 22.2

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We believe this problem may have already been fixed in recent Beta builds. If possible, please use the latest Beta build of Pr 22.3 105 or higher and let us know if this crash is fixed for you or not. Thank you.

この不具合に関連した修正が最新のベータビルドに搭載されています。22.3 105以降のビルドでこの現象が改善される事があります。改善が見られない場合はお知らせ下さい。

17. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want the automatic transcription function to be essential graphics text.

The new caption feature is great! Thank you for developing!
    But we have more requests.
    Currently, the recorded voice is made into a text as a "caption".
    We want you to make it as "essential graphics text", not as "caption".

Because ...
    Captions cannot be styled on a clip-by-clip basis.
    Captions cannot be animated using keyframes.

Captions can't do what you can do with such essential graphics text.
    We want it to be more flexible.

【自動文字起こし機能をエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストにしてほしい】

新しいキャプション機能は素晴らしい!開発してくれてありがとう!
    しかし、私たちはもっとお願いがある。
    現在はレコーディングした音声が「キャプション」としてテキストが作られている。
    私たちは「キャプション」ではなく、「エッセンシャッルグラフィックステキスト」として作ってほしい。

なぜなら・・・
    キャプションは、クリップごとにスタイルが適用できない。
    キャプションは、キーフレームを使ったアニメーションができない。

このようなエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストならできる演出が、キャプションではできない。
    私たちはもっと自由度の高いものにしてほしい。

491 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export selection as Premiere project does a Save As - 22.5.0

In this version (22.5.0) when I select "Export selection as Premiere Project" it basically does a "Save As..." and exports the entire project. Same when importing and choosing 'selected sequences' when you're importing a premiere project, it just imports the entire project and not just that sequence.

This is vital to sending cuts back and forth between editors so they don't get the entire bloated project. It was working properly in previous versions as I used it all the time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 631 632
  • Don't see your idea?