Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

572 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

447 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All,

first of all I wanted to thank everyone for making this a productive conversation over the last couple of days.

As several people responded to my comment about keeping the tone civilised, I need to dwell on that for a minute. Please hear me out, this is important to everyone on my crew and I hope it will be to you.

Saying that we shouldn't be surprised when things get heated is very problematic in my opinion. How do you expect a junior person on my team to respond to a technical question when it is combined with something that can easily be described as hate speech? How do you think we can actually come together on actual issues when there's already the assumption that we're a big faceless corporation, not even listening to our customers?

People on my team have received threats. I've been there over the years,…

2. Give us option to choose whether we'd like to use the new export window or old

The new export window is really terrible.

look, I don't mind changing things a bit here and there, but for love of Mary and all holy please at least preserve the general layout logic that had been used before.

Also definitely not a big fan of the tabs being vertical rather than horizontal

I'm using premiere for 10+ years and developed solid muscle memory of what settings are where and I do not have the time to hunt for export setting and presets - especially if their new locations are completely different and follow whole new UX/UI logic

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient

New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient. Please go back to the drawing board on these "new features" they do not help content creators.

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

Dragging a shape using the Shift key will create a perfect circle in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Premiere Pro users are frustrated because they can't do this when creating masks with effects or opacity.

エフェクトコントロールパネルのマスクで完全な正方形のマスクを作成できるようにすべきだ!

Shiftキーを使用して図形をドラッグすると、PhotoshopとIllustratorで完全な円を作成できます。

Premiere Proユーザーは、エフェクトや不透明度でマスクを作成する時、これを行うことができないため、不満を感じています。

299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to remove new Header Bar (22.3) from window

I'm a shortcuts person, and I like customizability. Please make the new Header Bar feature of Version 22.3 optional. I have no use for any of the buttons or information on the header, all of which are redundant and can be accessed either through the toolbar or via keyboard shortcuts. I appreciate that the Header may be convenient for new Premiere users, but for power users it is wasted screen real estate.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

On a Windows computer
    If the character input setting is "Japanese input (IME)" instead of "English input", the PremierePro shortcut will not work.

By the way, on Macintosh
    Shortcuts work even when “Japanese input” is selected.

Some users have complained about what they can do with Macintosh but not with Windows.

Windowsパソコンにおいて
    文字入力設定が、「英語入力」ではなく「日本語入力(IME)」になっていると、PremiereProのショートカットが効かない。

ちなみにMacintoshにおいては
    「日本語入力」の時でも、ショートカットが効く。

Macintoshではできるのに、WIndowsで出来ないことで、一部のユーザーから不満の声があがっている。

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Premiere Pro 22.3 new file creation sucks and should be removed!

The new update 22.3 has a new interface when you want to create a new file and it sucks! I prefer version 22.2 where it interfaces with Windows 11 as to where you want file located and named. I had to remove the 22.3 update and restore the 22.2 version. I would make the new file creation optional (Windows vs Adobe interface) for future updates.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Get rid of the AWFUL new interface that came with the recent update...

The interface completely changed when opening and exporting, and my team HATES it and we cannot find out how to change it back. Please change it back or allow us to opt out of using it. It's unsightly and frankly looks unprofessional. Maybe that was the motivation, but as professionals, we hate it.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Work Area bar color invisible after 22.6.1 update

after the 22.6.1 update, the work area bar is the same color (maybe one shade off) as the background color, it's practically invisible.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Export Page: Lots of problems sorry!

Not sure what the new export page is trying to achieve (we don't use Resolve because of its tabbed interface) but please fix the following...

Allow keyboard entry in all drop-downs so we can hit 'q' for quicktime or the first letter of a custom preset for example.

Remember previous settings per timeline as per the previous export window. Again, why create extra work? UPDATE: I have one project which never remembers the last export setting but another which does. Maybe the one that doesn't was created in an older version but I'm not 100% if this is…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AAF Export ??

support AAF export in PPro silicon version (nothing in 22.2.0 beta)
    Impossible for us to send to studio mixing

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

Exporting AAF files is now available in beta for Premiere Pro customers using Apple silicon Macintoshes. 

We’re eager to get feedback on this change: the work we did to make AAF export work on Apple silicon also involved an update of our AAF support to a newer version of Avid’s format. We've done extensive testing internally but getting real customer feedback is important too; please provide it via this post on our beta forum.

Regards,

Fergus

12. The "new" export window stolen badly right out of Davinci is terrible. Fix browse window

We need the export browsing window to be file brose, not folder browse. You never export a file with the sequence name. You click the previous already rendered version, increase the version number and press Enter. Now I have to open a Widnows Explorer window, copy the file name, go back to premiere, paste it, change it, EVERY. ****. FIVE. MINUTES!!!!!! This the absolute worst 'innovation' i have seen in a while and believe me I've seen what Autodesk has been doing in that regard. You just put everything out of reach instead of making it streamlined. Why do

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the new workspace bar optional

I think the new workspace bar can be great for new users but for older users like me, who are used to using keyboard shortcuts to navigate, it would be convenient to be able to hide it to save space in the ui.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for Nikon NRaw

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on N-RAW. It is a format we are interested in supporting but we don't currently have date for when that will happen. II will provide an update when I have more information to share.

Note: There were a couple of comments in the thread about ProRes RAW, including some useful tips. I have deleted those, as I want to make sure that this thread is dedicated to N-RAW. There is a separate thread regarding improving support for ProRes RAW.

Regards,

Fergus

15. Rework set / scale to frame size

The menu commands 'Scale to Frame size' and 'Set to frame size' must win the award for the most badly named commands in Premiere Pro. I teach PrPro and they are almost guaranteed to generate a look of quizzical incredulity on any new users face when I tell them that the command with 'Scale' in its name doesn't adjust the scale parameter, but the one without 'Scale' in the name does...

It's time to grab the bull by the horns and fix this.

In addition...
    Frame sizes ain't what they used to be. 16x9 isn't the one and only. We…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For the Essential Graphics Text style, style preset windows like Legacy Title.

The style presets in the Legacy title were very easy to see and use.

The only way to display the Essential Graphics text styles is to show the icons in the project panel. We need a dedicated panel for styles that is easier to use.

The styles are managed on a project-by-project basis, so when you create a new project, the styles you've been using are no longer available.

Styles should be available at all times.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルのために、レガシータイトルのようなスタイルプリセットウインドウがほしい。

レガシータイトルのスタイルプリセットはすごく見やすくて、使いやすかった。

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルは、プロジェクトパネルにアイコン表示する方法しかない。もっと使いやすいスタイル専用のパネルが必要。

プロジェクトごとの管理なので、新規プロジェクトを作ると、今まで使っていたスタイルが使えなくなる。

スタイルはいつでもに使える状態にして欲しい。

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug Issue: Premiere Pro 22.1.2 working with .mxf XAVC-I files

I've worked with these files fine in Premiere v15.4.1 and did not have this issue but since updating earlier this month to v22.1.2 I've had several issues with Premiere errors while editing and random crashes without warning or pinwheel of death.

Most common error is "Unable to access resource "SErrorXlND@2x'(type svg)" Attached screen shot below. Once this error occurs I almost always have to completely restart Premiere.

It also has made it nearly impossible to export a finished project from both Premiere and Media Encoder. When doing so it will hang up at some point in…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  62 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  33 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 663 664
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base