Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding effects directly to video layers (Audio Track Mixer for Video layers)

Being able to add effects directly to a layer which makes all clips on that layer affected would be a huge time saver.
    If you have a multicamera sequence with 3 different cameras where you want to add same grade to all clips on track 1, track 2 and track 3 seperately.

Or even being able to make adjustment layers only affect the clips on the layer directly beneath would also be amazing... (like in photoshop)

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradients for Strokes and Shadows

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!
    Thank…

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want the automatic transcription function to be essential graphics text.

The new caption feature is great! Thank you for developing!
    But we have more requests.
    Currently, the recorded voice is made into a text as a "caption".
    We want you to make it as "essential graphics text", not as "caption".

Because ...
    Captions cannot be styled on a clip-by-clip basis.
    Captions cannot be animated using keyframes.

Captions can't do what you can do with such essential graphics text.
    We want it to be more flexible.

【自動文字起こし機能をエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストにしてほしい】

新しいキャプション機能は素晴らしい!開発してくれてありがとう!
    しかし、私たちはもっとお願いがある。
    現在はレコーディングした音声が「キャプション」としてテキストが作られている。
    私たちは「キャプション」ではなく、「エッセンシャッルグラフィックステキスト」として作ってほしい。

なぜなら・・・
    キャプションは、クリップごとにスタイルが適用できない。
    キャプションは、キーフレームを使ったアニメーションができない。

このようなエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストならできる演出が、キャプションではできない。
    私たちはもっと自由度の高いものにしてほしい。

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

7. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Relative Export Paths PLEASE!

The fact that Pr always defaults to the last export location, regardless of which project is exported from, is completely illogical. Why would a user ever want to export Project B's sequence into the last used export folder if that folder belongs to Project A, for example? (see illustration 1)

There are already about a half dozen FRs that ask for this to be fixed, however since they only offer half baked solutions, I'm posting a new FR, offering a full fledged solution.

The solution is simple:
    Provide a new 'Export' tab in the Preferences window that allows users to…

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

11. Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

When "Composite in Linear Color" is ON, the cross dissolve etc. does not work properly.

So, as the first setting (default), please turn it off.

【新規シーケンス作成の「リニアカラーで合成」設定を、デフォルトではOFFにしてほしい】

「リニアカラーで合成」がONの状態だとクロスディゾルブなどが綺麗に動作しない。

なので、最初の設定(デフォルト)としては、OFFにしておいてほしい。

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

I need the captions workspace to allow the captions to be taken below the safe margins. I am using the same concept for my clients in V 14.9 for a long time and they would like to keep it.

See the screenshot of my active workflow.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A “ghost playhead" which ALWAYS marks the timeline location of the currently displayed frame

(Perhaps "current view indicator" is a better name than "ghost playhead.")

Here is the problem: The (cyan, user-controlled) playhead does NOT necessarily correlate to the frame that is being shown in the program or source monitor.

Sometimes, an old frame continues to be displayed, even though the user clicked elsewhere on the timeline (or "time ruler," as Premiere calls it.)

Depending upon computer specs, network bandwidth and latency, video codec, and other factors, it can sometimes take several seconds for the chosen frame to actually load and be displayed.

In the meantime, users need some kind of indication as to…

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audition Remix Added to Premiere Pro

I use the Remix feature in Audition nearly every day, causing me to make the roundtrip from PPro to Audition and back. It's time-consuming. Additionally, if I install the PPro public beta, it breaks the dynamic link to Audition, causing me to have to uninstall PPro, Audition and the beta, then reinstall PPro and Audition to restore the link. If Remix was added to PPro, it would solve both of these problems.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere 15.2 through 15.4 unusable with large projects on Mac Pro (2019) Big Sur

After having no issues with 15.2 on small projects, Premiere became completely unusable after about a month of working on a feature film. It really seemed like an access error, as I'd get errors like "Unable to access resource 'SErrorXlN_D@2x' (type svg)," "Error Retrieving frame XXXX at time XX," and "Unable to access resource 'CursorDataID-19 (type xml)." The errors came with frozen or black video, I could still hear audio, and it usually fixed itself after about 10-20 seconds. I also couldn't export anything no matter which renderer I used. I thought it had something to do with…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. exporting option into a word doc for transcriptions

I wanted to export my transcript in an editable form such as notepad or word doc. Am I missing how to do this? I don't know how to open a .prtranscript file and can't find anything on it. I want to be able to take the script out of premiere and make changes.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 575 576
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base