Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11,234 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2700 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

first of all: thanks to all the people who joined in the last two days to vote and comment on this particular item. Please stick around and tell us what else you’d like to see implemented or improved moving forward.

If you were wondering why this post was offline for a couple of hours: it’s because of this quick surge in votes. It triggered a spam filter (and it took me a little while to figure out how to undo this without losing the comments).

Since several people posted in the meantime about Adobe not being interested in your feedback, let me assure you that this is about as far from the reality as it gets. We truly appreciate your candid feedback.

That said, a word of caution: while this item is now at the top due to a person with a good following on Twitter creating awareness,…

2. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

178 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,439 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

539 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

4. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  18 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

305 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

6. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

284 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

10. Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

97 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

447 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

15. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

406 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,203 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an update on where we’re at with including support for ProRes RAW: we’re getting closer to the finish line.

You can expect to see it supported with one of the upcoming releases of Premiere Pro. Expect more details on this towards the end of Q4.

Cheers,
    Patrick

19. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mogrt Responsive Design Time bug

The Setting: I am a motion designer that has made a Mogrt template in After Effects for an Editor to use on long form content in Premiere. in AE, I animated an Intro and Outro for the template and created protected regions around the keyframes and the beginning and end of the comp. At first it was working as intended: when the Editor uses the template in Pr, he can lengthen and shorten the template as necessary without effecting the intro and outro animations.

The Problem: The Editor has found over time, when revisiting the project file, or even letting…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 319 320
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base